How do I convert a music file (itunes) to an MP3 file?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
You want to convert an m4a to mp3? That's terrible, lossy to lossy. I recommend you don't buy from iTunes anymore.

But, if you insist, you should google for the LAME mp3 encoder. You don't convert to mp3, you encode. However, I think you need to first convert the m4a to raw audio (.wav on your machine) and then encode the wav to mp3 with LAME.

How to do this on windows... Hm, I'm not sure. I think Audacity has this functionality. I dunno, it's been a while since I used windows.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Well, I don't know if it will work with itunes files but for anything I need to convert I use the razor lame mp3 encoder. You could google that and try it.

Ahh I see I was a second too late. lol
Its not a song that I bought from iTunes, its a song that I recorded and had it trtansfered to my iTunes library, but I want to put it on dMusic and it has to be an MP3 file.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
In iTunes go Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Importing
where it says "Import Using" select MP3 Encoder from the drop-down menu and click OK

then right-click on the track you want to convert and select "Convert to MP3" from the menu, it will convert to MP3 and the track appears in your library as a separate track but with the same filename and details.
You'll also be able to find the track in your iTunes folder