Anyone here ever tried putting a telecaster neck on a stratocaster body. i feel like experimenting but i wanna make sure that it's possible before i waste my money.
::type
hendrix did it a few times i believe. But you will need to sand down the edges of the tele neck as it is a square end, not curved like the strats neck pocket.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
i'm building a tele.. with strat headstock, fixed bridge and strat output jack
:P
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
its not. the neck pockets and neck heels are different. maybe with some modifying it is, but stock it isnt.
strat neck on a telecaster body is possible, since telecaster neck pockets are slightly bigger. but in this case, stratocaster body on a telecaster neck would require either of the two: routing the strat body neck pocket, or sanding down the telecaster neck heel.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
so a stratocaster neck is easier to attach to telecaster. what about the sound? what will be the difference.
::type
Wow, I always thought that, since the bolt-on was designed to speed up the manufacturing process, then their neck heels and pockets would all be standardized.

Is there any real reason for the difference in dimensions, or is it just a hand-me-down from when Fender was just starting to manufacture the strat?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
^i never knew they had lipstick tube pickups???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You'd probably need to sand things down a bit, maybe make some cuts.
Unless you know what you're doing, I don't suggest doing so,

But yeah, I s'pose you could do it... I dont see why but you could do it :P
I doubt you would get much if any difference in sound as they are made from the same materials. Its just a slight dimensional thing. Also with tele necks I dont think you get much but the round 7 1/2" radius. I think thats what it is. The strat necks are flatter and after market ones are even flatter. The one on my strat is 12" same as LP.