hey ive decided i want to get rid of my ps2 (p.o.s., finally) and get an xbox 360. my only problem is that ive heard about a ton of people having problems with theirs. isnt there some new deal with the warranty where its better, or anything like that?

basically im asking if it would be a bad idea for me to get one because of all this.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Supposedly the problems have been fixed (at least the overheating and disc damaging ones) and the magical 65nm chips that you will see mentioned time and again are actually being put into the newst 360's AFAIK.
i got my 360 in january and its still live and kicking
I see no sign of fortress.
so if i bought one soon, it should be one of the new ones that dont have those problems?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
so if i bought one soon, it should be one of the new ones that dont have those problems?

si, mi amigo
I see no sign of fortress.
i bought a fan for my xbox for like 30 dolla...and it's pretty good...it is way cooler than it was...in short...xbox are effing awesome..get one
damn now i just have to decide if i should wait until christmas or not...thanks guys
Lunatics on pogo sticks
I have never had a problem with my 360, and Microsoft has extended all the warranties to cover the whole Red Ring of Death problems.
ive had mine for nearly a year now & i havnt had any problems with it

although i suggest getting the new Xbox360 Elite, its much better than the normal ones!! ........ i SO want one ::type
It could be, but dont buy into the 65nm chip crap. Yes, it will run a bit cooler but its not this magical thing some people are making it out to be.

Buy one, but get a warranty. It's as simple as that.

Right now is a great time to get one with the 2 games being bundled with it for the holiday and the consoles having HDMI ports.

Good luck and have fun.
Quote by _-Joey-_
ive had mine for nearly a year now & i havnt had any problems with it

although i suggest getting the new Xbox360 Elite, its much better than the normal ones!! ........ i SO want one ::type

I just sold my Premium and bought an Elite... it's pretty slick. Although the disc drive on my Elite is louder than my Premium was.
**** i would buy one now, but i only have between 800 and 900 dollars, idk if i want to spend almost 500 of that on an xbox 360 and games for it...would you guys?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
**** i would buy one now, but i only have between 800 and 900 dollars, idk if i want to spend almost 500 of that on an xbox 360 and games for it...would you guys?

Kind of a generic question to ask us. None of us know your life or what your income situation is.
ya i guess it was. screw it, ill just buy it and then i have this guy that i can work for almost every weekend and make about 50 bucks each time, ill just do that.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
what ever you do just if you 360 breaks go to gamestop and buy a used system then return you broken system and return for your money