Page 1 of 2
Yeah, why has there not been a Vintersorg thread yet????

Well here it is... Till Fjalls is probably my favorite album, but Astal and Arcane is my favorite song.

Theyre so damn epic and Vintersorg has an amazing voice....

YES!!!!
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I always get confused. Does Vintersorg sing in Borknagar or is that Vortex?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
He is now in Borknagar. Vortex used to.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I only have Empiricism, is that with Vintersorg or Vortex?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Cosmic Genesis is one of the best metal albums I have ever heard. I definately need to check out some of their other works.
Till Fjalls is my favorite but Astral and Arcane is my favorite song perhaps....

Captain, That is indeed Mr. V on that album
Quote by tarlkea
Gah Forest King, you beat me to making a Vintersorg thread. I picked up Visions From the Spiral Generator a few weeks ago and I was gonna make the thread but I forgot about it. Good call though.

I'm liking that album.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
hah! Oh well!

Ive been obsessed. As someone mentioned before, a great part of me being into folk and black metal lately is just because it matches the autumn mood.

What I like to do is grab my ipod and go for a walk at night playing Vintersorg or Wintersun. Its badass.
Quote by tarlkea
Quote by Teh Forest King
hah! Oh well!

Ive been obsessed. As someone mentioned before, a great part of me being into folk and black metal lately is just because it matches the autumn mood.

What I like to do is grab my ipod and go for a walk at night playing Vintersorg or Wintersun. Its badass.

You need to try that with some Borknagar
Indeed I shall
Quote by tarlkea
^Indeed, its his best vocal performance yet imo. That album as a whole is superb, really outdid himself on it.
Well, I have Cosmic Genesis and it's not too bad, the guitar is nice, his voice is nice, it's good music all in all, but the lyrics are very over-the-top. It feels like he's just hit the thesaurus hard when writing the lyrics. I get the message he's trying to send, just think that it's a little over the top. I enjoyed the album overall though
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Another good thread Forest.

Vintersorg is pretty tight. Yet to buy a cd though.
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
I really want to hear his earlier stuff, My mate had till fjalls back when it came out, which I remember being really good viking metal. Ive only got Cosmic Genesis, Visions From The Spiral Generator and The Focusing Blur. Tried to listen to them but just don't like the recording style, wizadry vocals and poorly executed tartaros stylings.
metal
How is Vintersorg not being discussed? New album this year.

Solens Rotter \m/
Cosmic Genesis \m/
The Focusing Blur \m/
etc.
I've found Jesus
Solens Rotter is a very good album, and Otyg is awesome too.

Borknagar is still better than Vintersorg or Otyg though.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I heard their older stuff is quite different than their newer stuff, which is all I've heard. Their new stuff is English and focuses more on astrology & stuff. A Dialouge with Stars is an awesome song IMO, better than the In Flames song of the same title.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by Mr. President
I really liked Solens Rotter, his clean vocals on that album are awesome.

Definitely. I prefer the clean vocals in Vintersorg actually, I wish there was a bigger emphasis on them.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
^Indeed, they are great cleans .
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
These guys are awesome, but I always get these damn vinter bands mixed up! Seriously, there's like Vinterland, Vintersword, Vinter, Vintervintervinter, and who the hell knows what else.

Till Fjalls owns!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
^ plus Vinterriket and Vintersphrøst. As a rule, any band with "vinter" in the title must play black metal, of course.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I just got solens rotter and am pretty impressed with it, been playing it non stop in the car lately
Everyone should go listen to Waterclime.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Vintersorg r00lz.

I just got Visions from the Spiral Generator. Awesome album.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Vintersorg needs a lot more love in the Metal forums. These young whippersnappers don't know nuffin' about da old skool underground black mettlez.

Seriously though, Hedniskhjærtad and Cosmic Genesis = awesome albums.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Cosmic Genesis is one of the best metal albums I own. Great band, cleans, songwriting, etc.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
I still haven't heard their earlier material. But as always, the newer stuff is stellar. The entire Cosmic Genesis album, while amazing, is however super cheesy. Go listen to Rainbow Demon and tell me it isn't Also, rainbow demons aren't a very metal concept.
I've found Jesus
I wish there was a trollbunden tab. Vintersorg are pretty wicked, but i cant seem to find any of their albums around here.
Peace be thy journey
Quote by Contraband
I still haven't heard their earlier material. But as always, the newer stuff is stellar. The entire Cosmic Genesis album, while amazing, is however super cheesy. Go listen to Rainbow Demon and tell me it isn't Also, rainbow demons aren't a very metal concept.

Hehe yeah, at least it's a cover of the Uriah Heep song.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by Contraband

Well it's a very fitting cover for Vintersorg, all of their material is either very folksy or very "out there." The music is always incredible though.
Catch me,
heal me,
I choose to live
Been listening to Till Fjalls a LOT lately. Just thought that they need a bump. I <3 Vintersorg
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Goddamn I love Vintersorg. Pretty much anything he touches is gold. Be it Borknagar or his solo work. Although, I do prefer the solo work.
Solens Rötter is a avant-garde/folk masterpiece.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Page 1 of 2