ok, hi, new to UG (the forums anyways, been using tabs forever)

ima self taught guitarist and have been playing for (starts looking at fingers) 1 or 2 years about (took a long break from guitar when i convinced myself that i couldnt play.

anyways, im playing now, and im pretty sure that im still at the same skill level that i have been for a few months now. ive learned all the tabs for songs that i can play (songs that i know about). i need some advice about maybe some bands that i should learn tabs from. i mostly like most forms of rock, whether it be punk, or hard rock, doesnt really matter. also, it would be super duper if someone could show me some tabs that would help me learn how to do solos, or maybe a website. im only 13, so dont give me something too advanced O.o

Rock on

bigbluefish
and btw, this is possibly the worst peice of writing i have ever made, so just bare with me...
ooo, and one more thing, when i play the 1-4 frets on ma guitar, it makes a wierd sound, i dont really know how to describe it, but it isnt natural
First of all, don't triple post, use the edit button.

Try different types of music. Like if you play metal, try playing reggea. You don't want to limit what you play, and stay open minded.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by bigbluefish
ooo, and one more thing, when i play the 1-4 frets on ma guitar, it makes a wierd sound, i dont really know how to describe it, but it isnt natural

thats probably string buzz, to fix it you probably need to raise the nut a little bit, but i have no idea how to so that so yea . and theres also an edit button so you dont need to make many posts in a row, just edit them into the first one
they have some pretty good videos on here for beginner solos...just play songs you like for now, noone can really tell who or what to play...good luck
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
i know theres an edit button, but more posts = more views, ima businessman

and by they you mean UG?
Quote by bigbluefish
i know theres an edit button, but more posts = more views, ima businessman

and by they you mean UG?
Triple posts=warning/ban

You'll be frogiven because you're a n00b but don't make a habit out of it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Triple posts=warning/ban

You'll be frogiven because you're a n00b but don't make a habit out of it

oh, aight, sorry