go through any dragonforce album, fast forward every song to 1:30, see how original they sound. The more and more I hear mindless shred paired with non-changing vocals the more I get a little sick. Anyone agree with me? Is it me or sdo they produce music so 18 yr old Anime junkies have something to make fight scene music video's too. you made a world of warcraft video showing the slowest game ever and set it to a 200 tempo song.... you really are the pinnacle of manliness"

sorry had to vent, anyone agree with me? or am I just hating for no reason. Feel free to flame but atleast make it funny

Oh and I love vai, and satch, and all that, I feel thats more meaningful shred, they don't just fly through everything. Suspended animation is a good example
go play in traffic
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I disagree.

It's a few guys, writing and playing music they love. Plus, they're making money to do it.

Dream job, only con is, the music they love gets continually bashed by n00bs, who for some reason I will never understand, listen to music they don't like.

Don't like it? Then don't listen to it.
Yes all their songs are eerily similar. I still like them, the vocalist kinda grew on me, they're good live.
It's power metal. What do you expect?

Herman Ri > you

Also, I'd take that out of your sig if I were you.
herman li is better than you at guitar
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz

he better be, he gets payed millions to play guitar, Vai played 12 hours a day his entire life, he better be f'in good
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
I disagree.

It's a few guys, writing and playing music they love. Plus, they're making money to do it.

Dream job, only con is, the music they love gets continually bashed by n00bs, who for some reason I will never understand, listen to music they don't like.

This man is correct 100%
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by scoochiefoo
he better be, he gets payed millions to play guitar, Vai played 12 hours a day his entire life, he better be f'in good

lol i dun think so bud
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I think that they're amazing and that their music is WAY more than just "mindless shred"...
Sure, the lyrics are really cheesy, but they're just going for that "epic" sound. I love 'em.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
hahaha, go watch videos of them online, look at the audience, and then feel dumb for saying millions is out of the question.
They do make a lot of money, I don't know about millions though. I will say that they have a lot of endorsements...
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by scoochiefoo

no he doesn't, I asked him, he said he makes about 30k per year but gets free stuff (endorsements) and that the record label pays for what he needs to live on. and he also looks up to better guitarists than he is, such as vai, inf act he said he doesn't even know what he plays half the time, jokingly.
DANK MEMES
I did something like this once a while ago with a Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys album. If i remember correctly, 17 of 22 songs started with Lil Jon yelling either yeah, okay, or what.

Edit: But on topic, Herman Li starred in the Grudge, and i liked that movie so hes okay with me.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Last edited by larryjohnson at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by scoochiefoo
hahaha, go watch videos of them online, look at the audience, and then feel dumb for saying millions is out of the question.

That's not why we were loling at the 'millions' idea. Very few bands actually earn THAT much money. Regardless of how good or bad they are.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
I disagree.

I don't listen to them, it was actually on in a restaurant I was at that sparked this thread soooooo...yea
28K a year, hahahahaha

Alone seeing him in two ads in guitar Player every month is a good chunk of money already, let alone touring
Quote by alexlemon2
It's power metal. What do you expect?

Herman Ri > you

Also, I'd take that out of your sig if I were you.

sorry TS, alexmon2 just pwnd you
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by scoochiefoo
who teh hell is TS and "pwnd"? can you teach me to be original like you?

pwnd=owned=he just got above you and/or beat you
TS=you're gay (no, ts = topic/thread starter)

happy birthday
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 13, 2007,
i dont really like them, but i dont hate on them (i have one album by them). herman li is a better guitarist than i could ever be. i would like them if they had a different vocalist and didnt try to sound so epic all the time.

Jack my swag
Quote by ep1kz

I don't have an opinion since I haven't really listened to them but, I hate when people say something like that. So what if he's a better guitarist does that mean only people better than him can have an opinion on his music? If you didn't mean it like that then why say it atall?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Callum89
I don't have an opinion since I haven't really listened to them but, I hate when people say something like that. So what if he's a better guitarist does that mean only people better than him can have an opinion on his music? If you didn't mean it like that then why say it atall?

Because in the harsh world of guitar, elitism is what makes you a man...
Quote by scoochiefoo
he better be, he gets payed millions to play guitar,

No he doesn't.

EDIT: A bit late on that one, eh?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Oct 13, 2007,
some people like dragonforce( like me) some people dont okay so we should just stop argueing about this and get on with our lives> no offesnse to anyone im just sayin
Quote by megapenguin
some people like dragonforce( like me) some people dont okay so we should just stop argueing about this and get on with our lives> no offesnse to anyone im just sayin

Argument = For the win.
why talk about half the stuff in "the pit" :-p its just for fun, and fine if nobody wants to say he makes millions then he makes A GOOD LIVING off of playing guitar, and given that chance, i'd be really amazing at guitar too
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
I disagree.

You win the thread good sir.

But I've warned you before abut making intelligent posts!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM