Is it just me or are warwick necks like a baseball bat? When I first got it and was playing, it didn't feel that bad, but I've realized that the neck may be a little too big for me. What does everyone else think? Why do people dislike warwicks anyways?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
I'm not a fan, not by a long way.

J necks ftw.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
I personally love my Warwick neck.

It's great!
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
This is why you try out basses extensively before buying, especially once you get to pro level basses like warwicks. I personally don't like them, they are too flat but I love my wide P-Bass neck.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
No....I don't dislike them, I love my 5-string stingray's neck...It's really fast

But for four strings, has to be J necks...by a long way
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
They're awkward at first but quickly grow on me
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I love Warwick necks...but they're really a two way deal (love or hate it)
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I like Warwick's necks, but yeah, they can feel a bit odd to start with. I tend to think of them as having a 'good handful' in a way. Sturdy, like a baseball bat, or a beer bottle. Mind you, they seem to be obsessed with ergonomics, as most things German are. The controls always seem to be precisely where you need them.
well I had a rockbass 4 string before I got the warwick and didn't seem to a problem, but the warwick seems like a lot of neck for me. I've played a jazz and the neck felt pretty good. I also bought my warwick used so I don't know what year it is.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
I played around on a corvette standard 5 the other day and liked the tone but not the neck. To big and it felt like it was poorly constructed. I dont know if it was sanding or what but it was not smooth at all. The frets were really well done though.
I cant stand my p bass neck tooooooo fat..
Gear
Ibanez SR400QM
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 100 2x10
Concertmate-990 Keyboard
BBE Stomp Sonic Maximizer
Squier Stratocaster
Fender 15w Guitar Amp
It's weird what people say about the warwick necks
are you talking about their broadnecks (on some 5 and all 6 string models)?
Or their 4 or 5 string necks?

I mean I've heard bitching about how big their 4 string neck is. I've played basses with bigger necks than warwicks, but I don't have any problem with my corvette 5 stringer...
I guess it's all down to preference.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Thank You Bad Seed for describing a Warwick neck so accurately "a base ball bat." I don't like Warwick. I don't like the sound or feel of them. I love Jazz basses much more, I just wish Fender made more 5 strings. Maybe I haven't been playing the right Warwicks but to me they aren't Fenders.
yea mine's a 4 string. I mean I love the bass, it's nicely made, sounds a looks awesome, it's just the neck that I can't get used to, and that sucks because I love the look of the bass. That's really the only way I can describe the neck, thick and really round like a baseball bat.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
It's not necessarily the size of the Warwick necks but the stupid stupid shape of them, especially the 5s.
I've always said Warwick has the best neck shape in the business. At first, the shape may seem 'counterintuitive' especially to Ibanez and Geddy players, but after the honeymoon, that shape is incredible. At the 12th fret, the neck litterally shapes into your hand. If you're one of these John Mayer dudes who has their thumb all the way over the neck, yeah, Warwick's going to be a bit much, but if you have a 'proper' technique, they're great.

And, FWIW, I prefer the Ovangkol necks to the Wenge necks 100x over. Wenge feels a bit 'buttery' to me (although it's beautiful) and the more 'traditional' shape is a bit disappointing after falling in love with the current Warwick shape.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I've always said Warwick has the best neck shape in the business. At first, the shape may seem 'counterintuitive' especially to Ibanez and Geddy players, but after the honeymoon, that shape is incredible. At the 12th fret, the neck litterally shapes into your hand. If you're one of these John Mayer dudes who has their thumb all the way over the neck, yeah, Warwick's going to be a bit much, but if you have a 'proper' technique, they're great.

And, FWIW, I prefer the Ovangkol necks to the Wenge necks 100x over. Wenge feels a bit 'buttery' to me (although it's beautiful) and the more 'traditional' shape is a bit disappointing after falling in love with the current Warwick shape.

That's actually where I run into problems playing, the upper frets. I have to set it on my leg in order to play it. I don't know, maybe it's just me. The bass isn't terribly low on my body either, the top of the body is right at my belt line.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
i like the neck on the corvette standard and the corvette $$ models. expecially the $$
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
i like the neck on the corvette standard and the corvette $$ models. expecially the $$

All bolt-on Warwick necks are identical. That's one of the reasons BO's are much cheaper than NT or SN.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..