yeah... yesterday i got shocked quite badly from a microphone. I was at a friends house with my guitar plugged into a (un-grounded) princeton amp, and a mic was plugged into a power amp and to a monitor. so my lip toughed the mic and it shocked me, causing the lights to dim.

it was quite unpleasant.

Anyway, i know that i could have easily avoided this, but has something similar happened to you?
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at Oct 13, 2007,
You became the earth my friend!

Im geussing that somehow theres a short inside the amp. Get it looked at it, it could be dangerous if you dont have an ELCB in the home.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
YEP i do screamo for on of my friends band and the studip sound guy who worked at the venue accidently turned the sound system off or something stupid and fried hte place and the place wasnt grounded becuase it was a old venue and it was during sound check and when i put my mouth on the mic i literally fell on my ass it was really powerful and i ran outside to get some air and people came up to me and were asking if i was ok and they almost called an ambulance i didnt say anyhting for like 10-15 minutes i was like WTF JUST HAPPEND TO ME
Quote by nick dixon
You became the earth my friend!

Im geussing that somehow theres a short inside the amp. Get it looked at it, it could be dangerous if you dont have an ELCB in the home.

no, (and i wasn't asking for a solution) this was not because of a short in the amp. It's because I touched my strings at the same time as the microphone and that somehow made a circuit (through me). it's probably because of the un-grounded amp.
sup?
sure you did't put it in the plug ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

it was payback for your ****ty threads
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
it was payback for your ****ty threads

i never listen to you because of your signature.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
no, (and i wasn't asking for a solution) this was not because of a short in the amp. It's because I touched my strings at the same time as the microphone and that somehow made a circuit (through me). it's probably because of the un-grounded amp.

Ah... the vocal amp wasnt grounded or the guitar?

Well, the funny thing is, whenever i play my guitar and reach to turn the volume up on the PC it crackles.

The only thing I can think of is that the 48Volt power on the PA is shorting on the housing of the Mic (metal), as soon as you touch it with your guitar which isnt eartherd, its earthing through you.

Its happened to me before, but I only got a tingling sesnation.

ALOT of people have been killed from this.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
Ah... the vocal amp wasnt grounded or the guitar?

Well, the funny thing is, whenever i play my guitar and reach to turn the volume up on the PC it crackles.

The only thing I can think of is that the 48Volt power on the PA is shorting on the housing of the Mic (metal), as soon as you touch it with your guitar which isnt eartherd, its earthing through you.

Its happened to me before, but I only got a tingling sesnation.

ALOT of people have been killed from this.

the guitar amp wasn't grounded. the vocal amp was. and yeah that makes sense...

but perhaps, because the guitar amp isn't grounded, it goes through the guitar, through me, through the mic and to the ground. (again the vocal amp was grounded) I mean electricity takes the path with least resistance, which, i think, would be what i said. i don't know really, though.
sup?
Quote by paulvxD
Hey, I have a Fender Princeton 65..

Sorry

Hey, I have a Fender Princeton 62..

Sorry
sup?
We shouldn't be asking, "why did it shock him?".
The question should be, "why does everyone feel the need to go so close to the mic?"
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
We shouldn't be asking, "why did it shock him?".
The question should be, "why does everyone feel the need to go so close to the mic?"

SM58s dont really work well if you use it from a distance.
sup?
What you experienced is known as "the Fender kiss". Welcome to the club.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.