Right, thanks first for looking at this thread. My first album is done...finally and most tracks are on the Dmusic site. I haven't posted on here in AGES till I came across this new song. But it needs something that I can't put my finger on it, from a WRITING point of view.

The quality is lacking because I accidently mixdowned the track at a low quality... and the voice is bad because...well I have not worked hard enough on it yet.

So have a listen, i'll get a better quality version up soon as I can. The song is called 'Closing Thoughts'. So what can I put in there to flare it up and give it some life? Say what you want.

http://lukas.dmusic.com/
Orophin
Sounds good man. I love the way the piano sounds. Keep up the good work
Yeah? But what can I improve save the voice and the quality... ?
Orophin
I think it's a well-played piece. I must admit, I've never been a fan of higher octave piano so I really liked when it dropped around the 1:20ish mark. But around that point, even though the chords have changed, the song is still staying at the same level. I think at that point, some layered vocals would really make your singing pop and it would enhance the chord change by making it stand out more. I'm thinking off-set vocals where a second set is overlapping and filling in the pauses of the main vocals, rather than having them shadow the main vocals, if you need what I mean. I like the subtle percussion and snare crescendo or whatever that is. I like that you added whatever that horn instrument is supposed to be. I'd personally like some acoustic guitar backing it up about halfway through. I think it would add more depth to the sound. I understand what you were going for with the big crescendo at the end, but I think it was still a little thin, IMO, and I'd add some guitar. But overall, I think it's a well-crafted and well-performed piece. Good job.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
...some layered vocals would really make your singing pop and it would enhance the chord change by making it stand out more. I'm thinking off-set vocals where a second set is overlapping and filling in the pauses of the main vocals, rather than having them shadow the main vocals, if you need what I mean.

You mean singing something different to what the lead is singing, lyrically I mean. Like 'Ooooo's n 'ahhhhh's and other lyrics taken from th actual piece but sung in a different place? I am actually adding a massive set of vocals on the cresendo, but using loads of different people.
Orophin