I'm familiar with the big names like ESP, B.C. Rich, Dean, Schecter, Jackson, etc. but what are some lesser known good quality metal guitar companies ? (For instance, I recently discovered AXL)
Ran, Vigier, Caparison, Moser, Parker, Maverick, Ormsby, Illusion, Bo-El, Edwards and KxK.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 13, 2007,
Bernie Rico Jr.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
^
kramer and charvel were pretty big back in the 80s.

but i cant really think of any that havent been listed
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Lol my first guitar was a cheap axl strat... was pretty decent actually considering what It cost.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Ran, Vigier, Caparison, Moser, Parker, Maverick, Ormsby, Illusion, Bo-El, Edwards and KxK.

my bands lead guitarist uses a Maverick. And we don't even play metal. As with most "teh br00talz" guitars they also have other purposes.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
my bands lead guitarist uses a Maverick. And we don't even play metal. As with most "teh br00talz" guitars they also have other purposes.

Of course they do. In the end it comes down to what you want to do with it, not what the guitars brand name or shape dictates you should.

Many of the manufacturers I listed make very versatile guitars, capable of producing a wide spectrum of sounds.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Caparison. Good guitars. Awesome tone. Not very cheap though :p
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Aria Pro IIs gave Charvel/Jackson a run for their money in the 80s. Alvarez from that time are sweet metal guitars too. Kaman's GTX line had some nice models that are vastly under rated. Vester were pretty good as well, but had crappy trems.