I just bought an Ibanez EW20ZWENT1201, which is an exotic wood type deal. I love the way it sounds and looks, but there is one problem: on all of the strings, past the 12th fret it sounds like crap or it doesnt even play a new note (it continues playing the same note for each fret, going up) Is this something I could fix at home, or do I need to take this back to guitar center and buy a new guitar?
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
take it back immidiatley!

I cant believe you did'nt play it before you bought it
Quote by NevermorePsalm
I just bought an Ibanez EW20ZWENT1201, which is an exotic wood type deal. I love the way it sounds and looks, but there is one problem: on all of the strings, past the 12th fret it sounds like crap or it doesnt even play a new note (it continues playing the same note for each fret, going up) Is this something I could fix at home, or do I need to take this back to guitar center and buy a new guitar?

Not sure what to tell you, other than guitars aren't supposed to do that.

I'd take it back and ask them to either fix it for you or have it replaced.
Quote by a19e86
take it back immidiatley!

I cant believe you did'nt play it before you bought it

ahah neither can I. It was a stupid mistake on my part. I had been playing the same model, and grabbed a different guitar.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.