I need a new amp, since my current one is a crappy 10W Silvertone Smart III.

I mainly play rock and metal, but I also play blues, and Stairway to Heaven-esk songs too, so I need a fairly versatile amp.

My price range is up to around 400AUD (361USD, 255EURO, 177GBP).

This amp will be used for bedroom and band practice, so I guess around 30W-50W would be good.

So what amp should I get? I'm using a vintage Samick Flash (see my profile for pics). I also have a few pedals (Boss OS-2, Rocktek EQ and Phaser, and a Digitech Hot Rod), so It'd be good to be able to use those with it.

Any suggestions?
i know how crappy the Silverstone Smart III is.
i really can't help you cause i'd need to know your budget in canadian bucks
thats right.....I'M CANADIAN!!
You're going to want a small tube combo, between 5 and 15 watts, trust me. It's just as loud as the 30-50 you're thinking of. Maybe a crate palomino series?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
You're going to want a small tube combo, between 5 and 15 watts, trust me. It's just as loud as the 30-50 you're thinking of. Maybe a crate palomino series?

lol
what ever he said
Maybe a Fender Pro jr. or a Crate Palomino V6. Pro JR. is a 15w, and the Crate is a 5w, but is really good.
Maybe a Laney VC15-110?

If you can stretch your budget a bit.

Edit: Didn't see metal... if you push it you might get a metal sound but maybe you should check out the Laney LC15
Canadian dollars is like $10 less than the US dollars.

Probably the most metal I get is the chorus for Constant Motion by Dream Theater.

The Laney VC15-110 looks nice, as well as the Pro Jr. I can't find the Palomino V6, but this one looks nice if I can stretch my budget a bit further: Crate V Series V18-112 18W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp.

What about second hand amps?
The only good ones out of that list are the Valve Standard and Champ 600. When you say metal, what's the heaviest thing you play?

Oh and the Canadian Dollar is now equal to the US Dollar.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by djmay71
i know how crappy the Silverstone Smart III is.
i really can't help you cause i'd need to know your budget in canadian bucks
thats right.....I'M CANADIAN!!

Canadian dollar = US at the moment
Quote by sanantojames
Line 6 Spider III HD150

No... just... no.

There's much better amps for the price of that...thing...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
try the behrenger LX210 comes with 2 10" speakers about 15 effects about 10-15different amp styles foot pedal for indexing betweem amp and fx settings unsure of particular details as ive only just picked it up 2 days ago off a mate from work but he picked it up 4 bout 450 AUD brand new
Quote by BGSM
Probably the most metal I get is the chorus for Constant Motion by Dream Theater.

About the Behringer, aren't Behringer really bad for effects? How would the Behringer deal with a few pedals in the loop?

Any other suggestions?