I am trying to use photoshop to make some album artwork. I have two pictures, one will be my background and the other picture is a layer that will go over the background. I want the 2nd picture to be kind of transparent so that you can still see it, but you can see the background aswell. How do I do this?

I also want to be able to adjust how "transparent" it is
theres a bar that says "opacity"
opacity is the same as transparency
turn the opacity percentage down
pringles was originally going to be a tennis ball company

having a penis is like having a friend who always wants to play

Just select the layer you want to be transparent and change the opacity or fill of it in the layer selection box
Quote by paulvxD

Just select the layer you want to be transparent and change the opacity or fill of it in the layer selection box

jesus, ive never used this program before give me a break

thank you jacksonassasin. helps a lot
mmmmhmm anytime mate
if u want some badass fonts to like put ur bands name in and ****
go to urbanfonts.com

Quote by moody07747
in the layers box thing set the pull down to "screen"
normally its set to "Normal"
or
turn the opacity percentage down

that doesn't change the opacity as such, it just removes all the white from the picture, making it look slightly transparent. changing the opacity is the traditional way.

personally though, i get quite a nice effect by using "extract" (under filters - select smart highlighting) to pick some nice parts of the top layer, and then having this overlay the bottom layer. you can make it look kinda cartoony or like an illustration, both of which i like

edit: example
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by esther_mouse

personally though, i get quite a nice effect by using "extract" (under filters - select smart highlighting) to pick some nice parts of the top layer, and then having this overlay the bottom layer. you can make it look kinda cartoony or like an illustration, both of which i like

edit: example

yeah thats a good one as well
but i figured he wouldnt know what he's doing so i just gave him the good ol' opacity
that pics bad ass dude