When I plug my headphones into my headphone output on my Roland 20x I only get one channel. Im using hd201 headies.

Sorry if this seems obvious, but i would have though the headphone out would be stereo, whats the point otherwise.
The adaptor you're using is probably mono instead of stereo.

Mono heads have only two sections: the tip and the sleeve.
Stereo heads three sections: Tip, sleeve, and a ring of metal dividing the tip and sleeve.

Find another adaptor, and make sure that it's stereo aka TRS aka tip-ring-sleeve. It'll look like your headphone's head just bigger.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Why would you expect the output to be in stereo when it's a mono amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
because whats the point of having a headphone out if it just mono, thats why i would expect it, but like i cooncluded i could be wrong in my assumption.
The headphone out jack should be wired to automatically convert stereo headphones to mono (just puts out a mono signal to both channels.) If you mean that one ear only gets sound, it may be a wire on the phones or as said the wrong adaptor, or the jack itself. If I am right you should use a 1/8 to 1/4 stereo adaptor. I could be wrong, but most headphone outs on guitar amps work this way.
fixed it, the jack that came with the headies was ****e. i had a good one i had lying around. wow the sound is amazing. have to turn volume up more but its so clear, better than the amp in a lot of ways, i sound better on my headies hahaha.
It's often the case with cheap SS amps, as they tend to cheap out on the speakers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com