I guess this can be a thread to discuss colored strings, I DID search black diamond strings and didn't really come up with anything solid on the topic.

Ok so, I broke down and paid the almighty price of 18.00 for a set of Black Diamond strings... I've yet to at this moment, actually put them on my guitar, and no one at the shop has any "regulars" who have used them before to let them know how they work out.. So this is a little project of mine to see how or if they change the sound in a bad way, and how long it takes for the color to chip off.

I've ran my pick up and down the .50 to see if it would instantly start chipping off, nothing so far.

So does anyone here have experience with mainly Black Diamond strings? How often do you play? what type of music do you play, and how long did it take for the color to start chipping off. Include other "colored" brand strings if you'd like... I'll keep everyone posted on how mine keep up.. A project if you will.

Just to start off i'll let everyone know, I play classic rock/metal , practice 2-4 hours a day.

Oh, and those who wonder, why the hell would anyone want colored strings? what's the point... Well, aesthetic value, I take good care of my guitars, even my first guitar from 7 years ago, is still in mint cond. So yeah... Black strings on a quilted black guitar will add to it's look, and makes me want to pick it up, start playing, and run through the house naked.
lol k... List price 18.95 (retail - which is where I bought it yes? ) 9.99 from Musicfriend + shipping costs? Dude, seriously, don't come into my threads with some BS like this, you've added nothing to the thread except wasted space. I don't know about you, but personally, i'm not the type of person to go to a music store, ask them about a product, go online buy it, and go back in the next day to let them know that another company provided them a great product.

It amazes me to know that you actually read this thread, looked at the price of what I paid, and SEARCHED the price on another site to see if I got burned... Do you think i'm retarded? Yes, it's cheaper online, but I'm a huge fan of supporting locally owned businesses.
it would have equalled out to the same. Plus he got them the day he wanted.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Sorry to ruin your day.

The local stores I go to usually have a lot of their stuff priced similar to stuff online. Strings are sometimes 50 cents more, a dollar at the most. I wasn't trying to "burn" you, I just provide links, so people don't accuse me of pulling info out my ass.
does it really matter what strings look like? i though it was how they sounded that matters
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
does it really matter what strings look like? i though it was how they sounded that matters

Wow... Yes, of course it matters what they look like, pink strings will give you a Boy George sound... While black strings will give you a Pantera sound, jeez.
well, have you put them on yet?
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Ah, sorry, yes i've put them on ran through a few songs, they do seem to sound a bit differant compared to my EB's that I usually use, but nothing too noticeable, I may even describe it as a... Deeper sound. One thing that I found weird, it took me quite a bit longer to tune them, my tuner wasn't picking up the low B and E string, to the point I had to play for the love of god over and over to get them tuned, have no clue why it wouldn't pick it up, doesn't seem to interfere with my pickups catching the sound though. As far as slides go, the paint doesn't seem to slow down finger work at all, and if it does in some way, it's not noticeable.

No chips in the paint yet, as I'd imagined... But i've really not given them a proper work out just yet. I'll keep an update goin..

Oh and yes, my guitar looks even sexier with the black strings overlapped on the black chrome hardware RWA.
Quote by Viper100FM
jeez.

i dont care what they look like as long as they sound good, its not a competition on how your guitar looks
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Black strings on a quilted black guitar will add to it's look, and makes ME want to pick it up, start playing, and run through the house naked.

For the love of god will everyone read this, and read it once more, and then again and hopefully understand?
I used DR Black Beauty strings for a while. Sounded and played great. The black coloring eventually comes off in the area where you pick, mostly on the wound strings.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Ive tried several of the coated strings. The cleartones, elixers, DR, and GHS has some to. I wasnt to impressed. It did seem to effect the tone some not alot but a little. I broke th elixers right and left. I noticed the cleartones were still rusting some. And the GHS strings only the wound ones are coated. Just didnt seem to be worth the extra money. You can get 10 sets of daddarios for the price of 3 of the coated. I know how the one guy feels about supporting your local music store they have to make money somehow. Doesnt seem to kind to buy stuff another place and rave about it at the store.
Quote by ShaunFrusciante
i dont care what they look like as long as they sound good, its not a competition on how your guitar looks

If making your guitar prettier makes you want to touch it more, who's to say that's wrong. Black strings are sexy.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Any chance of some pics of the guitar with the black strings? It sounds sexy
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join