Does anyone actually have one of these? The specs look too good to be true.

Discuss
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
overpriced to the last I remember?

you could build the same thing yourself for half the prices
its not that hard, its easier than legos
Last edited by seljer at Oct 13, 2007,
Including a 4TB HDD?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Guitarman015
Including a 4TB HDD?

you can get a 1TB harddrive to the last time I checked

x4

its the same hardware, they buy such stuff from the same people, its not like anybody can open up a harddrive factory...
everything comes out of Seagate/Maxtor/Hitachi/WD/whatever
Quote by seljer
overpriced to the last I remember?

you could build the same thing yourself for half the prices
its not that hard

Its true. You can build a pc equal to an alienware for less than the price of a pc built by Dell, or HP that come with on-board graphics cards.
if u want a kickass computor for cheap go to ibuypower.com u can configure a quadcore for like 1200 with 2gbs of ram and 2 graphics cards
Dick+strings= owww
Hmm, they're really expensive, and seem to be built solely for gaming. Not that that's bad, but with about 4 TB of HDD, it's doubted that even half of that would be used, but it seems sweet nevertheless. I customised my computer for £700 total, and it owns most computers out there which will match its specs for double the price, easily.

Has Quadcore 2.4, some upgraded ASUS/Intel motherboard, 600GB, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 8800GTS Graphics, 11 built in USB ports, blue neon crosses on case. The case is what Chuck Norris would've chose.

... and Vista Home Premium...

However, I'm totally happy with it though .
DANK MEMES
Last edited by Jawkster at Oct 13, 2007,
Buying pre-built computers is quite possibly one of the dumbest things people can do.
Build one yourself, save alot of money, and end up with a better computer.
Quote by Tyor
Buying pre-built computers is quite possibly one of the dumbest things people can do.

idiot proof warranty/tech support
Quote by Tyor

you are 100% correct too bad some people dont know how to put em together and they just want something that will run the next badass game really smoothly which is why if ur not smart at it just buy it at a good rig building website where they do it for u like i said before ibuypower.com has some kickass rigs premade but u can make an even better one with the quad core config thing
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by seljer
idiot proof warranty/tech support

every part you buy will have it's warranty, as for tech support, ive never really had to call them and i dont use this pc alot.
Quote by rasveer
you are 100% correct too bad some people dont know how to put em together and they just want something that will run the next badass game really smoothly which is why if ur not smart at it just buy it at a good rig building website where they do it for u like i said before ibuypower.com has some kickass rigs premade but u can make an even better one with the quad core config thing

Hmm, so if I wanted one for about 700-900$ that is pretty kickass and can run games on it great, and is also great for college, I could get there?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by metaldud536
every part you buy will have it's warranty, as for tech support, ive never really had to call them and i dont use this pc alot.

notice I said "idiot-proof"
as for a regular simpleton, if they have 3 piece of obstructing spyware or whatever the entire computer is a piece of trash
Dont, buy an alienware. ive had 2 and their both pretty unreliable. just build your own computer if you really want something good and cheaper.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Hmm, so if I wanted one for about 700-900$ that is pretty kickass and can run games on it great, and is also great for college, I could get there?

yah u can get one that can u can run all the greats like crysis unreal tournament 3 enemy territory quake wars and orange box flawlessly
Dick+strings= owww
Overpriced but still one of the best you can get around!!!
With really good build quality... Usually better than your average DIY pc!

I wanna get an alienware pc really bad too!!
Quote by rasveer
yah u can get one that can u can run all the greats like crysis unreal tournament 3 enemy territory quake wars and orange box flawlessly

Hmm, which one specifically and how much...or is this where I go fishing for it myself?

Edit: You see I am not that computer literate so yeah...also, good for pron ?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Last edited by The Virtuoso at Oct 13, 2007,
With 1000$ you can build a very good computer and almost high-end computer for games
alienwares are overblown overexaggerated overpriced pieces of shit, seriously, if you're gonna get a gaming computer, build it yourself, it isn't hard
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by rasveer
here
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=224
just pick what u want and itll run great but keep the processor and memory as default if u want to save money and have a kickass rig still

Wow, only 784? This is almost too good to be true! Forgot to mention though, could I possibly get it as a laptop (or is it called Notebook...)?

You see I am not that computer literate so yeah...also, good for pron ?
Quote by Senor Kristian
alienwares are overblown overexaggerated overpriced pieces of shit, seriously, if you're gonna get a gaming computer, build it yourself, it isn't hard
like me .
DANK MEMES
Quote by The Virtuoso
Wow, only 784? This is almost too good to be true! Forgot to mention though, could I possibly get it as a laptop (or is it called Notebook...)?

You see I am not that computer literate so yeah...also, good for pron ?

haha since ur computor illiterate let me put it this way keep everything at default except on the next page make sure u put to have microsoft windows xp home edition installed
from there on ur good to go play some kickass games and dl all the pr0n u want
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by rasveer
haha since ur computor illiterate let me put it this way keep everything at default except on the next page make sure u put to have microsoft windows xp home edition installed
from there on ur good to go play some kickass games and dl all the pr0n u want

Wow, I think I will do this! Just one question, could this possibly be a laptop/notebook? So I could take it to school with me or no?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Wow, I think I will do this! Just one question, could this possibly be a laptop/notebook? So I could take it to school with me or no?

you're note going to get a gaming laptop for $700
that is as far as brand new games are concerned. I'm pretty sure you could play something like Halflife 2 on most new laptops.

(and it'll do pron)
yah u cant get a laptop at that deal laptops with those types of specs cost alot of $$$
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by seljer
you're note going to get a gaming laptop for $700
that is as far as brand new games are concerned. I'm pretty sure you could play something like Halflife 2 on most new laptops.

(and it'll do pron)

Yeah, I had a feeling it doesn't work like that but I felt it was worth a try. I think I may buy this...but what would a laptop like this cost?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Yeah, I had a feeling it doesn't work like that but I felt it was worth a try. I think I may buy this...but what would a laptop like this cost?

can't be bothered to actually check, but I think things start happening above $1500

also, think about what you'd really need a laptop for. Often the gaming part kills the portability part (large screen, heavy, low battery life, more of a loss if it gets stolen) though things have been getting a bit better lately.
And if your goal is playing all the newest games, then the lack of upgradeability is an issue too (omgineedanewvideocardtoplayCrysis)

edit: is there even any DirectX 10 support in any of the portable video cards?
Quote by seljer
can't be bothered to actually check, but I think things start happening above $1500

also, think about what you'd really need a laptop for. Often the gaming part kills the portability part (large screen, heavy, low battery life, more of a loss if it gets stolen) though things have been getting a bit better lately.
And if your goal is playing all the newest games, then the lack of upgradeability is an issue too (omgineedanewvideocardtoplayCrysis)

edit: is there even any DirectX 10 support in any of the portable video cards?

Ok, thanks for the help guys .
Quote by Senor Kristian