I haven't really been able to write much since school started, but today I got in the zone and wrote this little number.

C4C, and enjoy, as always.

Edit: If you listen to it in guitar pro, you have to turn "let ring" on for the piano because it's ****ing up and whenever I turn it on and resave it it still isn't on, but the midi is working fine.
Attachments:
Another song.zip
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Oct 14, 2007,
Cheers for the crit!

The intro is just awesome, I'm loving the lead!
I loved the tempo change, and again, nice riff!
Wasn't a fan of bars 16-19, didn't really like them...
But bars 20-27 were awesome, and then the piano comes in to introduce the solo, superb!
The solo was good, but we can't really hear it
The piano part is really good, and then when everyother instruments come in and the piano sweeps, superb!
Second guitar solo was nice too, and we can hear it better than the first one.

I really enjoyed the song Maybe some things to change perhaps >.> 8.5/10
Quote by DarkTom666
Cheers for the crit!

The intro is just awesome, I'm loving the lead!
I loved the tempo change, and again, nice riff!
Wasn't a fan of bars 16-19, didn't really like them...
But bars 20-27 were awesome, and then the piano comes in to introduce the solo, superb!
The solo was good, but we can't really hear it
The piano part is really good, and then when everyother instruments come in and the piano sweeps, superb!
Second guitar solo was nice too, and we can hear it better than the first one.

I really enjoyed the song Maybe some things to change perhaps >.> 8.5/10

You couldn't hear the first solo but you could hear the second solo? That's wierd... the volume for the guitar is the same both times and so is the volume for the rythm track...

Thanks for the crit though.

Edit: Oh wait, no it isn't! I don't remember doing that though...
I'm a person.
Last edited by PinkIsCool at Oct 14, 2007,
good stuff man. I really liked the intro riff from bars 2-11, but I would suggest changing the D in bar 11 to C# on track two for that harmonic minor flavor , but that's just my opinion. riff from bar 12-15 was good, but the guitar on track two made things sound off. This riff has a good idea on it, you should just expand on some more. Riff from 16-28 was good, but could have really used a strong bassline behind it imo.

Solo was good until bar 33. the lick just sounded generic and boring and there was an off key note in bar 34 (C#). Other then that, it has a good bluesy type metal feel to it.

Piano was nice in the interlude, but please let all of the notes ring out, it sounds so much better that way The repeated part from bar 62-65 sounded good, but I didn't like the power chords underneath it. they were the wrong chords to use. Instead maybe use an A#5 (A# power chord) in bar 63, and a C5 (C power chord) in bar 63. The piano arps were nice from bar 70-86, but I would suggest changing that to an orchestral harp and putting in some some strings behind it maybe.

Bar 87-91 was nice, but I didn't really like the solo after it. It just sounded too boring and generic to me. I know it's hard to write good solos on gp, but try to use different rhythms on notes throughout the solo. Also try to incorporate little arpeggios licks very subtly to add a more melodic quality to it, please don't just do a whole section of sweeps like most people do. Also try to do more creative licks using the natural minor scale. Like just experiment with how you play the scale and jump around from different notes instead of just going straight up and down the scale. Anyways rest of the song was good, just change the part on track two like I mentioned earlier.

Overall, it's a good song, but it has potential to be a lot better then what it is right now. I'm just giving my opinion on how I think you could make this one better. Good luck with it man

Oh and sorry my crit was so long, I didn't mean to write an essay lol
Reminds me of Atreyu
The intro kinda clashes...ah nvm it sounds good hah
I like the solo at 29 but as said 33-35 sounds a little odd
The piano part could use a little backing to it, so it doesn't so "bare"
Which it does at 69, but maybe some keyboard stuff or somethin before that
The solo after that began really good, but then it just kinda turned into scales
Theres just somethin missing though...i dunno what it is though hah..maybe some more cymbals with the drums? i dunno
It was pretty good overall, could make it really good