Ok im thinking about getting a Fender Deluxe Lonestar strat. I play mostly grunge/Heavey Rock. I know that it comes with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge position would this be good for playing with lots of distortion? I was also thinking of replacing the pearly gates with a Seymour duncan JB and two cool rails in the middle and neck positions but im not sure. Any suggestions for pickups that can get that "Nirvana sound"?
I wouldnt replace a Pearly Gates. Id just get a Mexican Fat Strat and put in a Super Distortion, as i think thats what he had in his Fenders. Im not sure what he had in his neck, look around on here, i think some1 will be able to tell u. He had a Boss DS-1, which does help getting a Nirvana sound.
dimarzio custom made the pickup he had in the jag-stang he used close to his death, they said the closest sounding pickup to it they make is the dimarzio breed neck pickup (to be used in the bridge position), i remember reading that in some interview, i don't think he hardly used his neck pickup, not sure
Quote by Yeathatwasme
Ok im thinking about getting a Fender Deluxe Lonestar strat. I play mostly grunge/Heavey Rock. I know that it comes with a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge position would this be good for playing with lots of distortion? I was also thinking of replacing the pearly gates with a Seymour duncan JB and two cool rails in the middle and neck positions but im not sure. Any suggestions for pickups that can get that "Nirvana sound"?

I think you're going the wrong way buying a Lonestar Strat. Look into a Mustang, Jaguar, or Jagstang instead. Probably a used Jagstang, as then you could put a Super Distortion in it and something like a hot rails in the neck to get you really close.