The Agile ones are usually a better wood, but worse in every other way.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
^Well I seriously doubt you have played one. I love Agile's. Get a high end one and your set. Most 4000 Models come with Duncan pups. Epiphone's aren't that good for the price. If I would put a Standard to the AL-4000 W/Duncans... the Agile would win hands down.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Not list price. Fine, a 3100 with a pup change. Much cheaper then the Epi and you can get just what you want. 2 people I know (in different cities) bought Epi LP Standards and they pretty much fell apart after 6 or 7 months. They were even in hard cases. Epi's aren't good for the price unless you get the high end models.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by OThugSd
The Agile ones are usually a better wood, but worse in every other way.

Ummmm... No.
Play both of them and come up with your own opinion. Remember, you're the one who will end up with whatever you get. Make sure your opinion is your own and not just someone's from this forum (though I assure you, most of them do know what they're talking about). It's all about personal preference.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
^Unless you live in New Jersey (I think), you can't play an Agile firsthand. Normally I'd agree with you, but the only place you can find a new Agile is at the Rondo Music shop in New Jersey.

I'd probably say Agile, they seem to offer much more bang for your buck, and I've only heard good things from people who have them.
^That was my issue with Agile but Kurt is very nice. You can buy the guitar and if you like it, return it with no questions asked.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I got an Epi on my profile...picked it up at a pawn shop...(The lil engine that could)
Guy didnt know what it was...it was practically free. I
love it...it plays like a dream. Threw in EMG's...I would
suggest playing a guitar before you buy it... to decide.
My guitar was so comfortable, it felt like it was custom
made just for me. If you want an Agile go with it. Make
everybody else want one too.

Comfort and sound will make you all the better.

I work in automotive and Aeronautics Production and I
have learned that with brands of products..Sometimes
the same amount of care is put into lower ends as the
higher end stuff. A lot of people that make guitars take
pride in their work. Of course...better materials make
better guitars...but in the end...You can find a brand that
might not be very respected but is made very well.
If you want the Agile ..go with it...Rock out...
Make everybody that sees you want one too.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
I'm getting an Agile LP for christmas, AL3000. From what I've read, NUMEROUS accounts have told me they are better than Epiphone Customs and are 200 dollers cheaper. I'm talking of the 3000...I would only get that because it's the high end.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
I'm getting an Agile LP for christmas, AL3000. From what I've read, NUMEROUS accounts have told me they are better than Epiphone Customs and are 200 dollers cheaper. I'm talking of the 3000...I would only get that because it's the high end.

We're people
I'm pretty sure an Epiphone LP Standard Plain Top is cheaper than their competetion guitar by Agile (not quite sure)

but that Epi is cheap, but made of pure mahogany
my LP plays great.