Page 1 of 3
i have gotten great results out of that little amp and for eighty bucks it's a great damn deal!!! i have a esp viper 400 w/ a gibby iommi pickup in the bridge and it sounds like some really chunky tallica or six feet under. but then everyone says it sucks so please give your reasons for both sides thanks
It's done me good for the years I've used it, we've been together from the likes of Slayer to R.E.M. As a first amp, I loved it.
it sounds tinny, thin, cheap, isn't loud, clean channel is lacking, distortion sounds like a dying cat falling and scratching its nails on a chalk board on the way down. i think that about covers it. oh, play a real amp and you will hear the difference
true s.r.v, i have never played on an amp more than $150 dollars hahah but it sounds equivalent to those amps sometimes.
I think the MGs, for what they, are fine amps. When I think of a practice amp, I don't think high end tone. They are over priced for what you get though.
well yeah but when you compare it to a TUBE fender or marshall you will realize how much it sucks. if you like it, thats cool, but when you upgrade you'll be even happier
but could it just be the iommi pickup? cause man, i'm telling you it sounds full.
I personally say you have no ear for tone.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Shaned
true s.r.v, i have never played on an amp more than $150 dollars hahah but it sounds equivalent to those amps sometimes.

Equivalent to what? You have never played an amp over $150, so what can you compare the MG to.

Can anyone tell me why there is a growing fad of threads defending why the threadstarter thinks his cheaper amp is reallly great. I don't to hear your defense because it worse enough that you tink people will think less of you because of your amp.

The most valid argument I have seen about Digital Modeling amps is the price, and I used to agree that they were great for the money until I got my Tube Music Man amp (130 watts) for $350, significantly less that my rythm guitarist payed for his MG30.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by Shaned

so ur saying u've never played a real amp before... but u say it sounds equivalent???

bull ****.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i just wanted to know why everyone thinks it sucks, god.. and like recordings of songs with people that used tube amps, it sounds like that and why doesn't anyone answer my question about the iommi? am i the only person who has that?
^yea ur the only one with an iommi pickup.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
thank you ECisthebest. but i think it has something to do with the amp sounding good.
^dunno. if it sounds good to you, then don't express it in this forum. ofcourse everybody thinks MGs are crap. i had one, and i truly hated it. with my boutique handwound pickups from the UK, they sound really shameful of having the "marshall" logo on it.

so don't make these retarded threads.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
fine but i'm gonna start a poll about the iommi now. you guys made me ponder the possibilities
well it's fine for what it is, I hate when people compare cheap practice amps to tubbe amps that are made for gigging/recording that's just pointless.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well basically, as far as I know, the reason that nobody likes the MGs is because there are better alternatives for the price. Ex- Roland Cube, Vox AD series and especially when you get to the bigger ones, there are much better amps you can get for the price.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Well basically, as far as I know, the reason that nobody likes the MGs is because there are better alternatives for the price. Ex- Roland Cube, Vox AD series and especially when you get to the bigger ones, there are much better amps you can get for the price.

That's true, but on here you get people that are like "the MG sucks listen to a plexi" or some crap like that no practice amp is gonna stand up next to something like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
If marshall only made 10-30W MG's people wouldn't complain.

Its the halfstacks which are stupid. And the fact that a Valve Jr is TUBE and is cheaper than an MG and is louder and sounds like it costs $1000
If you like it, it's good. It's all your own opinion.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Quote by s.r.v.
well yeah but when you compare it to a TUBE fender or marshall you will realize how much it sucks. if you like it, thats cool, but when you upgrade you'll be even happier

You just scream...

Its a beginners practice amp, it's not made to be good. If anyone actually takes MGs seriously they should become an hero.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Quote by MastaBassist10
You just scream...

Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
The only thing that I would ever justify an MG for is for beginning gear, and nothing past the 10 watt... but even then I personally never bought one after playing them...

Id prefer to place my pickups in a tin can full of bees. You get the same distortion for cheaper...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by MastaBassist10
You just scream...

You win.

and like recordings of songs with people that used tube amps, it sounds like that

stock computer sound card. Or ear for tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Shaned
thank you ECisthebest. but i think it has something to do with the amp sounding good.

Pickups won't make a crappy amp sound good.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by MastaBassist10
You just scream...

... just got that now
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by MastaBassist10
You just scream...

I still don't think I get it, would someone please explain?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Say what you see in the first and the second pic and you'll find out.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
mmkay, the first pic is ______

and the lady is going up to the guy in the car.

you can do it!
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

nuh uh. that's what i thought first though hahaa.

"tube-ass? nahh... tube _______ ahhh i get it"

that's my brains workin ahaha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

i really don't wanna give it away...

take a real good look at the lady.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

she looks like shes a monkey or an eagle looking to the left...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
She has tube tops and her skirt is basically a tube also?
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

Oh wait I just noticed the tubes look burnt and used.

Page 1 of 3