Page 1 of 2
burn baby burn
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
Haha sorry that was wrong. For real though, thats sad to hear. Hope everybody else is ok.
Quote by Ghost_bass
did anyone see the new cheerios that have been put out? the're fruity flavored. so basicly its a ripoff of fruitloops.

Quote by Twist of fate
No they're gay cheerios
christ what's going on today... there's been like 6 posts of random deaths already... including the epic pen lid story.. =.="
DANK MEMES
Quote by Jawkster
christ what's going on today... there's been like 6 posts of random deaths already... including the epic pen lid story.. =.="

explain.

But yeah, I feel horrible about the people INSIDE the tunnel .
No, you wanna know something sad? This happened literally a block away from my house and I saw the whole thing:

http://www.kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=7178370

I knew those 4 kids, they between the ages of 6 and 14. Luckily, their older brother was out of town.
Why is it terrible? I think 18,000 children dying every day because there's not enough food is more terrible than two people dying because they had the privelege of using a car which costs several hundred thousand dollars.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Why is it terrible? I think 18,000 children dying every day because there's not enough food is more terrible than two people dying because they had the privelege of using a car which costs several hundred thousand dollars.

I can kinda see your point but that's not very nice.
Quote by KileManA7X
explain.

But yeah, I feel horrible about the people INSIDE the tunnel .

here
DANK MEMES
dude no offense to you or the people that died, but news like this comes up every day. and it saddens me to say this, but its almost routine, and i tend to not get attached to this kind of stuff. i care alot, but i dunno...crazy world we live in today huh?
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by KileManA7X
I can kinda see your point but that's not very nice.

It's not very nice of us to put so much focus on small accidents like this one, either.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
It's not very nice of us to put so much focus on small accidents like this one, either.

Yeah but I'm not saying "**** everyone who has money".
Hey, what happened to the Madeleine McCann hunt? I haven't been reading news for the last week or so, because I'm sick of that already.
DANK MEMES
Quote by Raziel2p

.......killjoy...
wowy-kabootals!!
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by Jackintehbox
.......killjoy...

What's that? Yeah this guy has anger problems for sure.
Quote by KileManA7X
Yeah but I'm not saying "**** everyone who has money".

Why not? It's our own (the rich part of the world's) fault these people are dying - all of our riches have been gathered through exploiting other countries (that are poor and under-developed as a result of our abuse), and that includes our development of cars and roads. You're free to support their families that are feeling sorrow as a cause of their deaths, but that's all a part of our culture. Deaths like these in rich countries are inevitable and not tragic at all, and are in the end nothing but a result of western greediness. Thousands of people die every day because we're stealing food from them and using it to feed obese people and for biodiesel. That's tragic.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Why not? It's our own (the rich part of the world's) fault these people are dying - all of our riches have been gathered through exploiting other countries (that are poor and under-developed as a result of our abuse), and that includes our development of cars and roads. You're free to support their families that are feeling sorrow as a cause of their deaths, but that's all a part of our culture. Deaths like these in rich countries are inevitable and not tragic at all, and are in the end nothing but a result of western greediness. Thousands of people die every day because we're stealing food from them and using it to feed obese people and for biodiesel. That's tragic.

Try telling that to the families.

And secondly, what do YOU do to not "steal food" et al?
Quote by Raziel2p

Don't be so bitter. It's tragic when anyone dies for any reason. Americans are too sterotyped and this is why we are such dicks when it comes to security. It's because there's too many people who blame everything after the rich country. Are you saying just because I am American means I personally take money from the poor? I didn't choose my origin and I think you are mean spirited to say it's because of America these people died. Accidents happen everyday. These people probably had familes who miss them very much. How would YOU like to be going home from work and end up getting trapped in a tunnel where you spend your last moments worrying? You sir, need some thinking time.
OH NOES 2/300,000,000 of the population just died!!!!!!!!! Lets make a big deal out of it!!!!!!
Quote by druids70
Oh Noes 2/300,000,000 Of The Population Just Died!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you people so mean? How would you like to be one of those people in the tunnel? How can you not care about people suffering? Just because they're not poor people means they had no lives? Death is too often overlooked. Death means you are leaving the world into the unknown and never coming back. How do you take that as a small thing?
Quote by KileManA7X
Why are you people so mean? How would you like to be one of those people in the tunnel? How can you not care about people suffering? Just because they're not poor people means they had no lives? Death is too often overlooked. Death means you are leaving the world into the unknown and never coming back. How do you take that as a small thing?

I'm not saying it isn't a big deal for the families and local peoples, but do people across the world really need to know that TWO people died? No. Stuff like this is tragic, but not tragic enough to get on the news. And to say that death is overlooked is ridiculous and illogical. Death is natural and WILL happen to EVERYONE. There is no way we can avoid it and no way we can slow it down, so why spend time worrying about death? You could be using that time to LIVE the ONE life that you are given.
Quote by druids70
I'm not saying it isn't a big deal for the families and local peoples, but do people across the world really need to know that TWO people died? No. Stuff like this is tragic, but not tragic enough to get on the news. And to say that death os overlooked is ridiculous and illogical. Death is natural and WILL happen to EVERYONE. There is no way we can avoid it and no way we can slow it down, so why worrying about death? You are just wasting time of that ONE life that you have.

They were not just 2 people. There are people they don't know about in the tunnel right now probably suffocating from the smoke.
Try telling that to the families.

And secondly, what do YOU do to not "steal food" et al?

You didn't read my post thoroughly enough, apparently. I said I feel sorry for the families, but I'm critizising the media and society in general. They're making it look like two deaths in rich countries are so much more tragic than they really are. And besides, making big headlines like this in a newspaper isn't going to make the families feel better, don't you think?

I try to consume as little as possible. I don't buy computers (I take ones that people want to throw away) as well as any other electronics I can avoid buying new, I don't eat fastfood, I buy fairtrade whenever possible, etc etc. The only exception is guitar...

Quote by KileManA7X
Don't be so bitter. It's tragic when anyone dies for any reason. Americans are too sterotyped and this is why we are such dicks when it comes to security. It's because there's too many people who blame everything after the rich country. Are you saying just because I am American means I personally take money from the poor? I didn't choose my origin and I think you are mean spirited to say it's because of America these people died. Accidents happen everyday. These people probably had familes who miss them very much. How would YOU like to be going home from work and end up getting trapped in a tunnel where you spend your last moments worrying? You sir, need some thinking time.

I never mentioned USA or America. I'm critizising Norway and any other western country as much as wherever this happened. I'm not saying anything's your fault (or mine), I'm simply saying that the way the media projects these kind of things, it's blowing them out of proportion, and makes society think it's far too sad and tragic and whatnot. If I was caught in a situation like this, I hope I wouldn't be totally occupied in self-pity - but unfortunately, we're born egosentrics. However, we're not born national patriots, and seeing the bigger picture wouldn't hurt at all.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
You didn't read my post thoroughly enough, apparently. I said I feel sorry for the families, but I'm critizising the media and society in general. They're making it look like two deaths in rich countries are so much more tragic than they really are. And besides, making big headlines like this in a newspaper isn't going to make the families feel better, don't you think?

I try to consume as little as possible. I don't buy computers (I take ones that people want to throw away) as well as any other electronics I can avoid buying new, I don't eat fastfood, I buy fairtrade whenever possible, etc etc. The only exception is guitar...

I never mentioned USA or America. I'm critizising Norway and any other western country as much as wherever this happened. I'm not saying anything's your fault (or mine), I'm simply saying that the way the media projects these kind of things, it's blowing them out of proportion, and makes society think it's far too sad and tragic and whatnot. If I was caught in a situation like this, I hope I wouldn't be totally occupied in self-pity - but unfortunately, we're born egosentrics. However, we're not born national patriots, and seeing the bigger picture wouldn't hurt at all.

No fair, you edited your post so it looked like you didn't do anything. Fine, if you think living a cheap ass is saving the world, so be it. Don't post if you have nothing nice to say. If I were some crazy redneck from Memphis who loved this country like you love being cheap, I would be very hurt after what you said. No one likes some foreigner tell them their country sucks. You don't even live in America so who are you to say these things? You just hear what the news tells you.
Last edited by KileManA7X at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by KileManA7X
No fair, you edited your post so it looked like you didn't do anything. Fine, if you think living a cheap ass is saving the world, so be it. Don't post if you have nothing nice to say.

Excuse me? I edited my post because I'd accidentally quoted you twice. You're falling short of arguments.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Excuse me? I edited my post because I'd accidentally quoted you twice. You're falling short of arguments.

Yeah well your falling short of excuses.
Quote by KileManA7X
Yeah well your falling short of excuses.

Excuses for what? If you think I've edited away something sensitive from my post, I'll be glad to prove you wrong. All I did was quote your post and say this:

"Not American. I never mentioned USA. I'm practically saying any western country, and that includes my own."

But I ended up quoting your post later in the post and saying practically the same thing anyways. If you want a screenshot, I'd be happy to provide.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Excuses for what? If you think I've edited away something sensitive from my post, I'll be glad to prove you wrong. All I did was quote your post and say this:

"Not American. I never mentioned USA. I'm practically saying any western country, and that includes my own."

But I ended up quoting your post later in the post and saying practically the same thing anyways. If you want a screenshot, I'd be happy to provide.

Your just making yourself look stupid by coming back and arguing. No one told you to come here and rant about western countries. Save it for your own thread. No one told me to make this thread I understand but I thought some of you had hearts. I guess I was wrong. And now you're gonna reply with some sarcastic, witty remark. Take your American nonsense to the political thread. People pray for people like you.

Goodnight.
gaiz, you're liek a herd of ****ing rhinos, calm the **** down, we are The Pit, set a good example for UG's reportasion.

wow, I tried too hard, sorry. Off to sleep, night.
DANK MEMES
I give up. Mental note: Never go to the pit for cereal arguments.
I'm a communist. Really.
Hey guys, look at the bright side, at least they're not talking about Britney Spears. THANK GOD!

Tired of hearing about that bitch. There are about 3,000,000 more women like her in the US, it's only because she writes songs.

On topic: That is sad, I would hate to burn to death. I watched 28 Weeks Later last night and it sucked when Doyle died
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
Hey guys, look at the bright side, at least they're not talking about Britney Spears. THANK GOD!

Tired of hearing about that bitch. There are about 3,000,000 more women like her in the US, it's only because she writes songs.

On topic: That is sad, I would hate to burn to death. I watched 28 Weeks Later last night and it sucked when Doyle died

Doyle the guy who got macheteed by Ser...Serina?
DANK MEMES
Page 1 of 2