So I know there's already a billion threads about sweeping but I am asking something specific.

I thought I had sweeping down alright. Not perfect but getting better. But I tried to play a solo (Mea Culpa by the Human Abstract) and realized I have not practiced this pattern at all and it's impossible to do for me.

-16-12---------------
--------14------------
----------14----------
------------14--------
--------------16-12-
-----------------------

I can't do the rolling part. I have been practicing mainly minor arpps and I noticed when I try to do rolling on other sweeps I can't do them either. Now I'm mad.

Are there any tricks to rolling like besides just practice practice practice cause I'm already planning on doing that lol so thanks.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
Are there any tricks to rolling like besides just practice practice practice cause I'm already planning on doing that lol so thanks.

No, not really. Apart from muting the strings a little with your picking hand.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Not really. Just practice, there's no cheat code for guitar.

actually, try up up down A left down B left

that gets you into debug mode, then you just toggle the whammy to adjust which cheats you want enabled.
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
i suck at sweeping and have no idea how to do it but for all the notes on the 14th can't you just put one finger down on the three strings? it probably won't sound the same but the notes are getting hit
Quote by anodetodrivebys
actually, try up up down A left down B left

that gets you into debug mode, then you just toggle the whammy to adjust which cheats you want enabled.

CONFOUND IT! I DON'T HAVE A WAMMY BAR! I CANNOT ACCESS MY CHEATS!
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by Shaned
i suck at sweeping and have no idea how to do it but for all the notes on the 14th can't you just put one finger down on the three strings? it probably won't sound the same but the notes are getting hit

Nah that defeats the purpose of sweeping. Then it just sounds like a sloppily thrown together chord.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
You have to start your finger (ring finger from the look of the tab) barred across the strings and as you sweep down across the strings you just lift it until your on the tip of your finger on the d string. then finish the rest of the figure with necessary fingering and thats it. This may seem kind of hard to understand. But finger-rolling isnt the easiest thing to explain. Just keep at it.
Quote by UrzasJ00rMom
Nah that defeats the purpose of sweeping. Then it just sounds like a sloppily thrown together chord.

Yeah exactly. I've pretty much got this sweep down, but as for practicing the rolling technique... This video helped me out a long time ago with learning it.