Seriously, my dad is watching nascar right now, like he does most weekends. How can watching people drive at like 200 mph in a constant circle for like what..200+ laps be entertaining? I actually enjoy the Indy car racing, because there's something actually happening, people turning different ways, unique tracks, and stuff like that. The only interesting part i find in nascar is the crashes. Half the time my dad falls asleep during the middle of the race anyway..of course if he wakes up and i changed it he'll kick my ass lol

So anyway, back to the question, how do people watch nascar for like 2 hours and find it entertaining? what keeps you interested?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
how do people watch nascar?

with their eyes my friend, with their eyes...
Nascar is for people with very low IQs. I prefer F1. They can take right turns too.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I have no idea how people can watch it.
It just seems incredibly boring.
Some of the crashes are cool, but it's not worth watching just to see them.
wait.. so you think nascar is boring, but you find indy car entertaining?

this does not make sense.

anyway, it can be quite entertaining if you actually go to the race.
I dunno what keeps me interested. I like it kind of, I dont watch it every weekend, usually 4-5 times a year, but I do go the race in Dover, DE every september.

Live is so much better than on TV cuz you can laugh at rednecks.

And actually, Infinion and Watkins Glen are two raceways that arent just left turns
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Search NASCAR on here. Been done many a times.

i did, didn't see it on the first page so i'm pretty sure it hasn't been done too many times.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
if you go to the race it is alot better
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
yeah i'd have to admit it would be pretty cool to watch if you actually go to the race. And oops i meant formula 1 not indy, but i like both more than nascar. But i'm saying just on t.v, how can people watch it?
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
It is usually entertaining because most people that watch it on TV have a thing every week where there is like 10 people and they get like 4 drivers and bet to see who is gonna win, then they all watch the race and I just paying attention to their 4 drivers the entire time. I don't know many people that watch NASCAR and don't bet on the drivers.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
wait.. so you think nascar is boring, but you find indy car entertaining?

this does not make sense.

anyway, it can be quite entertaining if you actually go to the race.

That is simply because Nascar is racing for posers. They need inclined turns (basically cheating, they make you lose less speed), the cars don't go as fast, and what's up with the fake decal headlights? They put stickers on the cars to make them look like real stock cars? BS.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
Quote by OThugSd
That is simply because Nascar is racing for posers. They need inclined turns (basically cheating, they make you lose less speed), the cars don't go as fast, and what's up with the fake decal headlights? They put stickers on the cars to make them look like real stock cars? BS.

maybe it's because people like different kinds of racing? I know, it's shocking that everyone isn't as cool as you, isn't it?
Quote by X~THOR~X
I have no idea how people can watch it.
It just seems incredibly boring.
Some of the crashes are cool, but it's not worth watching just to see them.

haha yeah thats what youtubes for
i actually like it though its quite enjoyable
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Last edited by i_am_ironman at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by electricsnake
yeah i'd have to admit it would be pretty cool to watch if you actually go to the race. And oops i meant formula 1 not indy, but i like both more than nascar. But i'm saying just on t.v, how can people watch it?

Because I find it interesting and enjoyable to watch

Next please!
sports car racing is where it's at, The 24 Hours Of LeMans is the best race of th year, the Busch series of nascar can be entertaining since it's street courses...but i still prefer sports car racing, like the rolex series
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Look! They're makin a left turn! Oh they're making another left turn! Oh making another left turn! I wonder what's gonna happen next!?! Let's go to a commercial. Come back in 10 minutes, you ain't gonna miss a fuckin thing!

-Sweet Daddy (Jeff Dunham, "arguing with myself")
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by ChaoticVengence
sports car racing is where it's at, The 24 Hours Of LeMans is the best race of th year, the Busch series of nascar can be entertaining since it's street courses...but i still prefer sports car racing, like the rolex series

the Busch series is basically the same as normal nascar.
Quote by metal4all
Look! They're makin a left turn! Oh they're making another left turn! Oh making another left turn! I wonder what's gonna happen next!?! Let's go to a commercial. Come back in 10 minutes, you ain't gonna miss a fuckin thing!

-Sweet Daddy (Jeff Dunham, "arguing with myself")

I saw him on t.v the other day, he is pretty funny.