So im looking to get a fender big apple HH strat any opinions on this guitar.
Also any suggestions for any HSS strats would help too thanks.

ohh and one more thing...i know with a humbucker the s-1 switching can switch it to sound like a single coil...but does that mean an s-1 strat with a single coil can be switched to sound like a humbucker?

thanks
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
First of all, the humbucker doesn't change with the S-1 switch. Second, the single doesn't sound like a humbucker when switched on an SSS. The Fender American Special has the HSS setup and sounds great.
I'd get a HSS setup, it's pointless to get a strat with a humbucker in the neck.
The selling point of the strat is it's neck pickup.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
what genre do you play? and are you sure you don't want to replace that line 6 amp? I don't know much about it, but I'm sure you could get something better and greatly improve your tone. That pacifica isn't an awful guitar, especially if you've replaced the pickups.
The flextone is a decent amp, you're thinking about the spider.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Big Apple is a great guitar. If you don't want the typical strat neck tone, then go for it. If you're looking for that stratty neck+middle tone, you won't find it here. The bridge pickup on the Big Apple is great though, and the neck humbucker is a great pickup as well, just be sure that's the sound you're wanting.
well i've tried many HSS strats and know they are great and would love to get that but I want to try a HH just to see what its like(and i also liek the bridge bucker), but can't find any around where I live.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
The S1 one switch doesn't turn single coils into humbuckers or vice versa. The noiseless single coils have to coils on top of each other and you can have different combinations and switch them from series to paralell with the S1 switch. Each pickup position will sound different when the S1 switch is on. It's hardly noticeable with alot of gain, but on the clean channel the difference will be distinct. The neck pickup sounds alot warmer and basically more like a gibson with the S1 switch on, for example.
ooooo i just thought it switched it so it sounds like singles or humbuckers. my bad, sorry.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
I played a Big Apple Strat couple weeks ago thru a vintage Fender amp, a Super Sonic if i remember correctly,didnt like it at all the humbucker sounds just like a single coil and the two other single coils are nothin special,neck was slow and uncomfortable too
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Alright, looks like im going with a fender HSS. Hopefully an american
Gear:
Line6 UX2