in a previous Post i was asking about notes on the guitar, got alot of help! thanks guys. so i went ahead and made me a chart that i can practice with and thought id share it with some beginer guitar players that may need it! i looked it over and i cant see anywhere i messed up, if you see an problem let me know ill fix it asap, thanks!

well heres the chart! !
Thats nice. If you're really hardcore, you would make one for Dropped C tunning.
I wrote out a few for scales like that Helps me remember root notes and what not. Good Stuff. I would just copy it over and over like homework.
Quote by 666paul666
Thats nice. If you're really hardcore, you would make one for Dropped C tunning.

i guess i can make one in drop c? if you want ill try it out,
You should make one for a 12 string bass, showing both courses...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
I'm glad i stumbled over this thread. Very useful
Epiphone les Paul Standard
Crate GT1200H & Cab
Digitech RP70
DAndario Strings
I was looking for one of these a few weeks ago for my beginner guitar student. I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find a GOOD one online. I like this one, however I would recommend placing the fretboard markings (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, etc fret) on the diagram somehow.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Eh, nice contribution, but there are quite a few charts on the net. Also anyone with Guitar Pro will know of an interactive board, which looks quite nice too.

Although, I say this, and actually Im complete gob****e at the notes on the board, so thanks anyway.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I made one for myself on paper a number of months ago. The notes are colour coded and everything. It's stuck to my bedroom wall, and I barely ever look at it. I really couldn't get it to work for me. I find it easier to say the notes in my head as I play them, or consciously think and try to remember the notes I play. Taking it slowly, obviously. I'm getting there.
Good job though. If it works for you, then great. Colour coding the letters may help even more. Have fun with it.
when i first started i did a similar thing. But i did it on loads of pieces of paper, and thats what i realised all the scales fit into eachother as i colour coded it all.
Its been a long time since then, and tbh Guitar was so much more fun when it was new.
thanx a bunch!
im trying to teach my friend about using maniscript on guitar. this will be great.

also helpful as a refferance.

i keep a chord chart in my school diary so i bother to look at it.

ill do the same with this.

thanx again for taking the time to do this!
D ♥ Tonight Will Stand as a Testament to Hope Every Scar Burning Bright I Will Stay by Your Side Don't Close Your Eyes ♥ www.myspace.com/aly_the_anarchist :
nice
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
i will prolly do alot of diff tuning ones once i get the time! since the feedback is great!
You should put it in FAQ, admins!
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
i dont know if anybody would want to see this or not, but i thought i'd post it all the same.
This is what i have as my desktop background at work.
the table on the bottom right just tells me which major shape would be used for the respective modes... i dont really use it anymore, but i did when i was first learning.

sorry for the large picture
Last edited by branny1982 at Oct 17, 2007,
meh, another prog of mine, since people seem to enjoy this stuff. I need to do some work on this. Modes for example I have some ideas on how to make them output better. I also might try and output to a ghostscript file(like a pdf) Right now it's thanksgiving so I'm delaying work on it. Plus my middle and ring finger have blisters on the tips so it's hard to type. Python script can be found here.... http://tehuti.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/smutt/pysketch/ you need both scale.py and notes.py in the same directory... some demos:

major scale, key of F using interval output...

(edit: I modified the prog to add `_`'s after natural notes, simply because there is no way to get double spaces, they're just converted to single spaces. The using code formating is supposed to fix that, but apparently it doesn't on this forum. That and it's not defaulting to a monospaced font like it should. So it still isn't right, but looks better then before. In the real output there are no `_`'s and everything lines up correctly.)

$ ./scale.py 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -kF
E  A  D  G  B  e  

7_ 3_ 6_ 2_ -_ 7_       O
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
1_ 4_ -_ -_ 5_ 1_       1
-_ -_ 7_ 3_ -_ -_
2_ 5_ 1_ 4_ 6_ 2_       3
-_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_
3_ 6_ 2_ 5_ 7_ 3_       5
4_ -_ -_ -_ 1_ 4_
-_ 7_ 3_ 6_ -_ -_       7
5_ 1_ 4_ -_ 2_ 5_
-_ -_ -_ 7_ -_ -_       9
6_ 2_ 5_ 1_ 3_ 6_
-_ -_ -_ -_ 4_ -_
7_ 3_ 6_ 2_ -_ 7_       12
1_ 4_ -_ -_ 5_ 1_

same thing, smaller fretboard range(so as to not flood the thread) except outputting notes...

./scale.py 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 --key=F --range=1,5 --notes
E  A  D  G  B  e  

F_ A# -_ -_ C_ F_       1
-_ -_ E_ A_ -_ -_
G_ C_ F_ A# D_ G_       3
-_ -_ -_ -_ -_ -_
A_ D_ G_ C_ E_ A_       5

same thing, except the scale has an augmented fourth and a minor seventh now, and the tuning is BDEAGFc for whatever reason.

./scale.py 1 2 3 +4 5 6 m7 --key=F --range=1,5 --notes --tuning=BDEAGFc
B  D  E  A  G  F  c  

C_ D# F_ -_ -_ -_ -_    1
-_ -_ -_ B_ A_ G_ D_
D_ F_ G_ C_ -_ -_ D#    3
D# -_ -_ -_ B_ A_ -_
-_ G_ A_ D_ C_ -_ F_    5
Last edited by capiCrimm at Nov 21, 2007,
Awesome man, I'm trying to memorise the neck at the mo, this is great! I reckon once I know all the notes of by heart it will really unlock my improv and soloing because I won't be confined to just scales but just know where the FEW notes that I CAN"T play are on the neck, so I can travel freely up and down and not get stuck in the beginners "12th fret" rut! TY MATE!
Drop C. Something doesn't seem right, though. Would someone mind checking it?

Quote by capiCrimm
you're drop c is correct according to my progy.

Thanks.

I'll make a few more. What tunings do you all need/want?
Eh?What notes go after fret 12?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Dude, I made one exactly like that(with the addition of dot inlays below the chart)2 days ago. Except it was handwritten n' stuff.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by branny1982
i dont know if anybody would want to see this or not, but i thought i'd post it all the same.
This is what i have as my desktop background at work.
the table on the bottom right just tells me which major shape would be used for the respective modes... i dont really use it anymore, but i did when i was first learning.

Thanks for that
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...