Ok, so a while back I decided 100% on the Fender Highway One Jazz bass in black... which cost $800. However, I just started reading about/looking at the Fender Geddy Lee Jazz bass (which is also ebony) and also $800. Now, I have some mental problem with buying Artist signatures (I feel like I don't really own it) but I want to know... which should I buy? Is the Geddy jazz that much better than the H1?
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:
Dean Edge Q6 - 6 String with Active EMG-HZs

Amp:
Fender BXR 300C - 300 Watt combo

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
Electro-Harmonix Bass Big Muff Pi
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
I actually heard that Geddy Lee Sig basses necks are really thin.
Like you could literally fly on those necks.
But that's what i heard.
you're definately going to want to try them out,
remember strings, pickups, and bridges are cheap, necks arent
I'm a fan of thin necks, but of course they can be too thin... sadly, none of my local music shops carry either (That includes a Guitar Center... however, I have seen a Geddy there like a year ago, so I'll definately keep looking) Thanks... but, what about the stock electronics? I'm not big on customizing... also, can anyone reccomend different tuners, and is it smart to change those, or can I kill the neck that way? I like the Clover Leafs and all, but I prefer smaller ones like seen on a Dean Edge
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
Anybody out there?
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
I see.... and finally, how do the stock electronics on each compare? I'm not too big on changing those...
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter
The GL sig is one of the best basses that Fender produces and a great deal for the price. Is good all around really. And this is coming from somebody who despises Fender basses (except the Jaco sig and a certain P-bass I played some day.)
these two basses are almost exactly the same. passive electronics, BAII bridge, thin neck, and the feel of the Jazz. one is MIA, one is MIJ. both are worth owning. the maple fretboard of the Geddy, is slightly more bright than the rosewood of the Hwy 1.
you will be happy with either.
They have both basses and my local store, looked at them both close today. I prefer the look to the Geddy Lee, the Hwy 1 they had is flat black and it just doesn't look good to me. Im sure it sounds great which is what really matters.
They're both very good basses, but like delirium and brentonkim said, the neck is ridiculously thin, owning a Geddy Lee jazz is like going out with Keira Knightly, there's not much to hold or to love.

Still, some people love 'em, also, the Geddy has the 70's pickup placement so the bridge pickup is closer to the bridge giving a little more bite and growl.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Thanks guys... now I really want to go try them out... oh, and btw Indie, you just got quoted...
Main Bass Rig:
Bass:

Amp:

Pedals:
Boss GEB Bass Equalizer
MXR Bass Envelope Filter