Page 1 of 2
Evening sportsfans.

I'm not having a go at any of you, I'm just curious as to why you like this genre?

What elements in particular do you fancy about all of it?
There's alot of confusion for people like me.
Basically were up in this stereotype that emo lyrics are about self harm and pity and stuff
Is this true? And if this is the case why do you find these type of lyrics attractive?
not true
emo lyrics are emotional
which is great and which a lot of other genres lack
if you ask me
i've had this dream before,
i know just how it ends.
our eyes will fill with flame.
our hearts will swell & explode.
woodlawn is a place of abandoned hopes & dreams,
of always wilting flowers & letters never read.
but there is life here. you can hear it in the soil.
you can see it in the shadows, etched in stone.
i swear that there is life here. i can hear it in the soil.
i can feel it in the shadows, etched in stone: "there is life here!"
so we're three years removed,
and the earth around us has set.
though the gears have stopped turning,
the engine still hums.
rewind, repeat, i see you there.
you're alive on every page of every book.
i hear your voice in echoes, in every line.
this doesn't get any easier.
this is a wound that time can't heal.
it leaves a scar.
if MCR counts as emo, I like emo because of the feeling of the song. Every song has deep meaning, and it's not all random ****, or random screaming, or random "I hate life" like most of the other music is.
i don't like the lyrics. i like the melodies and the guitar phrasings. there's a lot of repetitiveness in it that's nice for relaxing to.

but not all emo is about cutting your wrists either. most of that stuff i don't listen to.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
I understand what your saying.

Alot of metal is kind of mindless screaming, where as you say that emo music is good because of the thoughts emotions and feelings conveyed through the lryics.

hmm, if this is the case, would you say a band like slipknot is emo?
look up Rites of Spring, Embrace, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Sunny Day Real Estate. they are REAL emo bands, not this mcr crap. mcr, fallout boy are pop punk/pop rock bands... just to clear that up alittle.
Last edited by burn the stars at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by bassboy 999
I understand what your saying.

Alot of metal is kind of mindless screaming, where as you say that emo music is good because of the thoughts emotions and feelings conveyed through the lryics.

hmm, if this is the case, would you say a band like slipknot is emo?

theres a lot of great emotional metal

and slipknots not emo, theyre lame
Quote by GreenSaosiner
Now do we mean real emo, (Sunny Day Real Estate) or "modern emo" (MCR, FOB, Saosin)

I have no idea, i know nothing about emo. Why I sarted the thread.

Could you describe to me some elements which differentiate real and modern emo?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
How do you guys feel about people who dress up like "emos" and listen to Greenday and Good Charlotte?

fashion trend? appropriate? or tryhards?
i hate the emos for what they say, do and wear. they are all day doing stupid letters and drawings, and they give em to you, and when you drop that sh*t to the trashcan, they start to say a lot of BS about you like "you hate art" or "you cant feel nothing"

also, i hate Jack from the night before christmas, and they wear it everywhere (belts, t-shirts,schoolbags, etc)

and least but most important, i hate they wear iron maiden and children of bodom t-shirts and say they are emo too. and i hate they dont know who jimmy hendrix is.

i also hate stuff like this:
you: "hey yo, what are you listening to?"
he/she:"im listening to rock, wanna hear?",
me: (thinks he's giving a listen to highway to hell) "ok"
*reads fall out boy in the i-pod*
*runs away*

btw, why arent you mod hawkaluigi?

btw2: if this is flaming, tell me and i'll erase, please dont ban
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by bassboy 999
How do you guys feel about people who dress up like "emos" and listen to Greenday and Good Charlotte?

the current emo fashion started with metal/metalcore bands around 96-04 ish, look up "fashioncore"
What is Hawkaluigi?

I;m not banning anything haha

Yeah what you said is how i saw it too. I think a really big problem for your genre is that not alot of people who call themselves emo understand what it is. There are too many variations and not enough universal concepts about emos.
Quote by GreenSaosiner
Now do we mean real emo, (Sunny Day Real Estate) or "modern emo" (MCR, FOB, Saosin)

well MCR and Saosin aren't really 'emo'
but kind of
actually no MCR isn't they're more goth
except for their latest
good emo stuff is like Taking Back Sunday and Circa Survive and stuff like that
those two bands have my fav lyrics

to the guy who asked about slipknot
NO!
emo isnt all about lyrics its a style
Quote by thera_x
those kids have nothing to do with emo, shut up

calm down dude, i told you im not here to fight or bag you out.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
if MCR counts as emo, I like emo because of the feeling of the song. Every song has deep meaning, and it's not all random ****, or random screaming, or random "I hate life" like most of the other music is.

metal is not "i hate life". have you listened to "nothing else matters by metallica? pure feeling song and deep lyrics sbout love. isnt that emotional?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by bassboy 999

not emo
never
thats people trying to be emo
like avril lavigne and ashlee simpson and hilary duff and crap
besides those two bands are pop-punk
in all honisty, im not an emo kid. i listen to mostly metal and hardcore bands, ive just been around long anough to know whats what.
Quote by bassboy 999
What is Hawkaluigi?

I;m not banning anything haha

Yeah what you said is how i saw it too. I think a really big problem for your genre is that not alot of people who call themselves emo understand what it is. There are too many variations and not enough universal concepts about emos.

What is? You mean 'who is'?

The literal sense of 'emo' is 'emotional' from what I understand. That could cover nearly any band.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by ldnovelo
metal is not "i hate life". have you listened to "nothing else matters by metallica? pure feeling song and deep lyrics sbout love. isnt that emotional?

I wasn't sayin metal is about "I Hate life", that was a reference to bad emo music. and yeah, I listen to metallica. But I like Iron Maiden Better \m/ up the irons!
Quote by saosin22533
not emo
never
thats people trying to be emo
like avril lavigne and ashlee simpson and hilary duff and crap
besides those two bands are pop-punk

o god, the thought of those two you mentioned makes me want to vomit :/ i hope your happy D:
Quote by ldnovelo

and emo isnt 'i hate life' and slitting wrists like most see it as
and again while lyrics are a big part of emo, bands with emotional lyrics doesnt make em emo
its a style, like metal is a style
Quote by toshiro umezewa
I wasn't sayin metal is about "I Hate life", that was a reference to bad emo music. and yeah, I listen to metallica. But I like Iron Maiden Better \m/ up the irons!

the irons are gods too, but i places that song cuz its the first that came to mind
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by toshiro umezewa
o god, the thought of those two you mentioned makes me want to vomit :/ i hope your happy D:

what?
Quote by saosin22533
and emo isnt 'i hate life' and slitting wrists like most see it as
and again while lyrics are a big part of emo, bands with emotional lyrics doesnt make em emo
its a style, like metal is a style

i didnt say emo is cut your wrists and that, i said metal isnt, and he mentioned random screams or something like that, so i tought he refered to metal
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by saosin22533
what?

avril lavigne and ashlee simpson and hilary duff make me feel like projectile vomitting battery acid into the face of a prostitute.
because... i want to die.
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by ldnovelo
i didnt say emo is cut your wrists and that, i said metal isnt, and he mentioned random screams or something like that, so i tought he refered to metal

well, I was refering to a bunch of types of music- crappy emo, crappy metal, and well, basicaly all crappy music.
Quote by triple_X_maniac
because... i want to die.

See this is what makes alot of Rock and Metal listeners (which i am both) very angry.

If you wanted to die, and please I'm not telling you to kill yourself, wouldnt the logic be that you would have made attempts or done so rather than saying it and telling people?
It seems like your attention grabbing. This is the biggest turn off about the whole emo genre.
Quote by toshiro umezewa
avril lavigne and ashlee simpson and hilary duff make me feel like projectile vomitting battery acid into the face of a prostitute.

oh lol
yeah i was saying how bad they are and how they and their fans try to act emo
i wasnt saying that i like them
never!
Quote by ldnovelo

yeah i wasnt saying you said that
its just a lot of people think that
Quote by bassboy 999

It seems like your attention grabbing.

or possibly sarcastic
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by saosin22533
oh lol
yeah i was saying how bad they are and how they and their fans try to act emo
i wasnt saying that i like them
never!

yeah, but just the mentioning of them made me wretch :/
Page 1 of 2