Well I was just wondering what you think the best cheap (Under 50$ I guess) pedals are. I just played a Danelectro D-2 Fab OD and I was very pleased! I wouldn't gig with it, but it was still amazing for about 20$.

What of your favorite cheap pedals?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
i don't like cheap anything when it comes to music equipment. you typically get what you pay for.

however, for the price, dano pedals are going to be about your best bet.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
depends on what you want.

OD - Digitech Bad Monkey
Distortion - Boss DS-1
Reverb - EHX holy grail
chorus - EHX small clone
fuzz - EHX Big muff
delay - Boss DD-3/6

just depends on the pedal you want
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by beckyjc
I loved my old FAB D1, sold it off with my MG though. Superb pedal considering it cost me £10, pretty solid too.

yeah the danelectro FAB od/distortion/metal pedals are supposed to be excellent for the price.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by DougC84
i don't like cheap anything when it comes to music equipment. you typically get what you pay for...

I agree - you get what you pay for - everytime I buy a cheap pedal it winds up collecting dust... I'm saving for a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedal right now - no more cheapies for me.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Danelectro is fine if you are not gigging, a few of them are gig-worthy (my Danelectro Daddy-O distortion.) The Fab pedals sound good, but I have had one bite the dust for no apparent reason.
you need a good base to start with (ie good amp, decent guitar) then if you dont like your tone move out.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
If you can find them anywhere, look into GLX pedals they are exact boss copies that sell for 1/3 of the price about 35€ a piece . Ignore behringer pedals, they suck.
Dano FABs are pretty good, I have the OD one, and i'm pleased.
I tried out a behringer, and all I have to say is "NO!".
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Digitech Bad Monkey, got mine for under 30 quid
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I tried the Danelectro FAB OD pedal on my main rig and i just got a real muddy tone i could not stand in bypass mode..its ok in active though...

on my Ruby guitar amp its a little better...it doesnt really get too muddy on the bypass mode and sounds ok in active mode.

Overall I like the higher end pedals and cant stand most of the low end gear......
lots of affordable goodies out there. i have a fab distortion that i like. i dont use it a lot, but through an amp with a great clean channel (like mine ) i couldnt believe how that thing sounded. marshall on 10!
Yeah, make sure you have a good clean channel.
My peavey classic 50 covers that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i hear the tubulator is a great tubescreamer clone and it's way cheap. i think arion makes it. plastic like teh danelectros, but supposedly great efects for 20-50 bones.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
for some reason the fab series is incredibly durable, unlike some pieces of crap :digitech:
I don't like to use the fab distortions with my Jackson, it just has too much output. the chorus works pretty well i guess but I am not really a fan of chorus petals im more of a phaser or flange guy, haven't found either of those but i got a Mxr phase 90. but my favorite effects are my boss ds1 and Danelectro PB&J delay, They consistantly sound good with both of my guitars amps. Note i didn't get to play arround with the jackson and the phase 90, I am pretty sure it will sound amazing. almost forgot with the regular fab distortion petal you can pretty much get any guitar to sound like a dano if you mess around with it long enough.
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
i hear the tubulator is a great tubescreamer clone and it's way cheap. i think arion makes it. plastic like teh danelectros, but supposedly great efects for 20-50 bones.

and a great delay and chorus. stereo. modable.
youre learning well grasshoppa.
when it comes to noise suppressors, expensive sorta counts it would seem.

and thanks, jerm
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery