so i just heard of it! If you dont know what it is youtube it. Can i substitute sodium chloride for sodium acetate?
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
i saw the video, i call bull, but wait for the UG chemist to tell you what the deal is..
Nope.

EDIT: Get it like this:

CH3–COOH + Na+[HCO3]– → CH3–COO– Na+ + H2O + CO2
This is the well-known "fizzing" reaction between baking soda and vinegar. 84 grams of sodium bicarbonate react with 750 g of 8% vinegar to make 82 g sodium acetate in water.

Mix them up together. When the reaction occurs, the Carbon Dioxide will leave as a gas (bubbles). You'll end up with a solution of the Sodium Acetate diluted in water. Boil it until the water is completely evaporated out of the solution and you'll end up with the Sodium Acetate in the form of small crystals or a powder.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by LespaulsRcool
so i just heard of it! If you dont know what it is youtube it. Can i substitute sodium chloride for sodium acetate?

no you can't....those two are VERY different. if you use sodium chloride (AKA NaCl table salt), you won't get the same reaction at all. in fact, nothing will probably happen.

check unitednuclear.com.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Last edited by Kid Fisto at Oct 13, 2007,
no...sodium chloride is just salt...you would be making salt water...basically he made a supersaturated solution....and when he touched it the salt from the sweat on his hand made it crystalize
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Look at my first post... easy recepie to make it at home.

alright so im just posting here so i can find this stuff later, i want to try some of that
empty the bullets from the chamber
Search in Youtube for "make sodium acetane"
you can use that for Hot Ice, it worked for me.
Quote by esp_krank_vht
Search in Youtube for "make sodium acetane"
you can use that for Hot Ice, it worked for me.

I just said how to get it with home ingredients.

Quote by evening_crow
I just said how to get it with home ingredients.

My bad.

Edit: I suck at life =]
Quote by master
hot ice? is that like icy hot?

If that's one of those icy hot jokes, then just no.
Quote by master
hot ice? is that like icy hot?

I knew that would happen.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Ok well im about to try it anyway. Heres what i did someone smart tell me if anything is going to happen.

I'll find out in a few minutes anyways:

I followed directions and made my own sodium acetate. Then i put a spoon full on a plate, and started to boil water. I added tons and tons of salt until it stopped desolving and then i just put it into the fridge.

I made the water super saturated with sodium chloride and when its cool i'm going to try pouring it onto the small spoon full of sodium acetate. Will anything happen?
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.