Usually the books have notes and tabs on the same page.

You could probably find them at your local guitar store but I'm not sure. Long & McQuade has a bunch of books, not sure how accurate they are.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by Skippy_McNutty
Usually the books have notes and tabs on the same page.

You could probably find them at your local guitar store but I'm not sure. Long & McQuade has a bunch of books, not sure how accurate they are.

+1
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
Yeah, they tab books are made. But they usually only have tab books for really big bands, unless the band makes the book themselves.
A majority of the 5 star tabs on UG are note for note copies of the tab book interpretations. I know this because I was fed up with the seeming inaccuracies with the tab books (maybe I just suck...). I head to UG to see what others think only to find the exact same interpretation.

I've seen Satriani play Surfing with the Alien and I don't see him streching across 6 frets at the top during the opening rhythm section and I don't see him bending a 4th triad power chord.

As for tab books - I can't stand them anymore. They get you in the right area, but any sort of specifics seem to be lost in the translation. I play directly from them and sound completely different. They substitute raking in areas were a palm mute sounds more authentic; bending chords instead of sliding; there always seem to be one or two missing notes and they have a tendancy to tab out the most difficult way to play a lick.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Yeah, they're a bit dodgy, I prefer chord books, really, and just try to work out the tricky bits.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
There are normally both, sheet music and tab, one on top of the other. Hal Leonard is a good company that makes them.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
^ Hal Leonard is the more common publisher of tab books - Each and every tab book I have from them include a number of inaccuracies, some even glaring (Master of Puppets)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
UG is often more accurate than tab books. You have all that you need right here. And if you can't find a tab on UG then you just know there won't be a tab book containing it, because UG have more tabs of small musicians than big publishing companies do.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Bazilisck311
^ Hal Leonard is the more common publisher of tab books - Each and every tab book I have from them include a number of inaccuracies, some even glaring (Master of Puppets)

Which would be?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Cherry lane makes some goods one, I have the ones for some good metallica albums (RtL, MoP, AJFA, the Black Album) they're pretty accurate except sometimes they'll add notes to the top of powerchords to make them major or minor, which I know arent there, also the fingerings are sometimes a little strange, but overall they're very good.
I say get a tab book, but don't rely completely on it. The most accurate "tab book" is your ear and your common sense. Don't be afraid to change what's in there if they make it more difficult than it has to be, or if the song sounds different than the tab.
Quote by break-me-in
if you can't find a tab on UG then you just know there won't be a tab book containing it,

No...

I've got plenty of tab books with tabs that aren't available on here, if that was what you were getting at.
Quote by buckethead_jr
No...

I've got plenty of tab books with tabs that aren't available on here, if that was what you were getting at.

Well ok. But as a general statement I would say I was right. As every tab I've seen in a tab book has been up here too, or occasionally on another site (though they all got shut down... )
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by armstrong26491
Which would be?

In Welcome Home (Sanitarium), the intro solo, there are a number of notes that are raked to. The pull off section is missing a note. In the rhythm section of the chorus, the book tells you to rake twice after a powerchord section when both live and on the album, the section is palm muted.

Slow down the song on the album, you can hear these clearly.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
I have a few tab books, and i'm very happy with the accuracy of all of them, although they occaisionally miss out a couple of fills here and there.

And to the guy complaining about Satch, suck it up.
EDIT: and on the MoP tab book I have a couple of guitars are missing from a part of the Disposable Heroes solo.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken

Bite me
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by flambe chicken
I have a few tab books, and i'm very happy with the accuracy of all of them, although they occaisionally miss out a couple of fills here and there.

EDIT: and on the MoP tab book I have a couple of guitars are missing from a part of the Disposable Heroes solo.

Suck it up? If the tab makes playing something more difficult and it's not how the original artist did it, it'd be pointless to follow it.
Quote by Bazilisck311

What other ones do you have? All of mine are pretty much awesome. I have Nirvana, Nevermind, Stadium Arcadium, and Bob Marley: Legend. I don't know if they are HL, but the Tab White Pages are so amazingly awesome.

There is a company that starts with an A, Alfonso or something...I bought a Led Zeppelin book by them and missed the fact it was for intermediate guitar. It lacks pretty much every solo and many many songs. I was very dissapointed.

The HL Beatles ANthology that has every Beatles song is pretty amazing. There are some mistakes, and it lacks like 1 or2 songs, but it is an awesome book. That's the only one I have that I've seen inaccuracies in.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
What other ones do you have? All of mine are pretty much awesome. I have Nirvana, Nevermind, Stadium Arcadium, and Bob Marley: Legend. I don't know if they are HL, but the Tab White Pages are so amazingly awesome.

There is a company that starts with an A, Alfonso or something...I bought a Led Zeppelin book by them and missed the fact it was for intermediate guitar. It lacks pretty much every solo and many many songs. I was very dissapointed.

Metallica's "Master of Puppets" & "Ride the Lightning"
I have a Compilation of sorts for Joe Satriani (it has Chrome Boy on the cover)
Avenged Sevenfold's "City of Evil"
an AC/DC compilation (again... of sorts)
Those are the Hal Leonard published ones that come to mind. I probably have a few others that might have been Hal Leonard but I don't remember. At the office so I can't take a look.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by break-me-in
Well ok. But as a general statement I would say I was right. As every tab I've seen in a tab book has been up here too, or occasionally on another site (though they all got shut down... )

Ha, this is too true. Virtually 95% of all the good Satriani, Vai, Hendrix, etc... powertabs and GPtabs are straight from the tabbook. And forget the text tabs too - all the good ones are just ASCII exports of the midi ones.

Although there have their fair share of mistakes, they are much more consistently good in quality, and with a good amount of common sense and competance at guitar, the mistakes can be fixed.