Hi there.

I recently bought a Marshall AVT 100X new in July for $400, and I think that now I'm getting into effects, I need to upgrade my amp. It's by no means a bad amp, but I need some real tubage.

I have $300 to juggle around, plus however much I sell it for.

I get hammered alot for not having a Tube amp and having spent already maybe $400 in pedals the last year.

I need a good affordable tube amp that can easily be expanded for many playstyles. I don't want something that's really really good at one or two things, I want something thats pretty good at most everything.

And also, how much do you think I could sell the AVT for?

It really is basically new. It still smells new, has all the original manuals, boxes, and footswitch, and there's not a single dent scratch or even tiny nick on it.

The retail is $629, so I figure I may be able to get $300-400ish but what do you guys think I should do? Maybe even just keep it?
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
how much volume do you need? i'd say check into a palomino v16 as a first choice. it's pretty damn versatile for such a low price.

and there's always a lot more options if you go used of course. if the AVT sells, you might get around ~$300 for it
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
I would like a bit of volume. Bands starting to pick up, so I need at least enough to get me by for a small gig. Nothing below 50W I'd prefer.

I play Led Zeppelin type stuff, to Metal. Basically yeah, classic rock, or metal not really much in between. Occasionally some Interpol in there.

I like my AVT and all; 100W, 16 effects, Footswitch, etc. but I need tube advantage for using my pedals
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
30 tube watts would do nicely. If you decide to run a 412 later it will power it no problem. Probably be almost as or even slightly louder than your AVT. You can get something decent used.
in addition to the ones azrael suggested, a valveking might be worth a look.

though if the avt sells for a decent amount, you may be able to stretch to a traynor ycv40 or 50, or kustom coupe, either of which would be nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
+1 for the Traynor YVC40. Really good amp for your style, and for a pretty nice price.

PS: I'm actually looking for a small tube amp, too. I'd like it to be between 5 and 20 W or so. It's for home playing, band rehearsal and small live situations (if I have to mic it up for gigs, no problem, I can count with that). I'm going to use it mainly with a Strat for a RHCP style, but I'd also like to use it with my LP for some hard rock (Blue Oyster Cult, Guns N' Roses...), nothing heavier. If I have to use a pedal for boosting the gain, again no problem. The thing is that it has to be between 200 and 300 € (maybe I can get one used). Also consider that I live in Spain, so I can't get everything, and most amps are a bit more expensive here. So what do you think is the best for me?
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
+1 for the Traynor YVC40. Really good amp for your style, and for a pretty nice price.

PS: I'm actually looking for a small tube amp, too. I'd like it to be between 5 and 20 W or so. It's for home playing, band rehearsal and small live situations (if I have to mic it up for gigs, no problem, I can count with that). I'm going to use it mainly with a Strat for a RHCP style, but I'd also like to use it with my LP for some hard rock (Blue Oyster Cult, Guns N' Roses...), nothing heavier. If I have to use a pedal for boosting the gain, again no problem. The thing is that it has to be between 200 and 300 € (maybe I can get one used). Also consider that I live in Spain, so I can't get everything, and most amps are a bit more expensive here. So what do you think is the best for me?

Well, I don't know what's a good deal over in Spain, or what amps cost over there...But a Crate V16 would work nicely for you. I was able to get surprisingly heavy with a '57 classic Strat.