I usually feel like ****, but sometimes (like now) when I feel good I can play noticeably better. I hit sweep arpeggio runs much more accurately, and I just play altogether better. I also have much more creativity and inspiration.

anyone else like that?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
yes
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
I'd imagine it's more difficult to play with a high fever and constantly vomiting every 15 minutes. That being said, I play better when my hands/fingers are warm, they move faster.
No.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i would say that it depends on what im playing.
If im playing mellow type stuff, on acoustic maybe, then yes.
But if im tryin to play electric like hardcore stuff, then the more pissed off i am the better lol
When I am warm, and when I am warmed up playingly. Like, when I have just been shredding or jamming for 2 hours straight with a few breaks to check my myspace or something, then I can just go insane.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
it's really all very simple: you can't play for **** if I you feeling like so... BUT i will say that I can do some pretty nice blues stuff when I'm feeling sleepy or tired or emotional in some way and I can't play some pretty kickass metal if I'm totally pissed
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
I play better when I'm in a good mood. I hit a sweet riff and think DAMN that sounded metal. Then I forget to write it down, get pissed when I cant remember it, and start playing for sh!t and get even more pissed at myself for sucking so f*cking bad.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I play better when I'm either pissed or when I mess around and don't play seriously.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Depends. When I feel like **** (or just plain lethargic), I write different stuff than when I'm feeling happy and upbeat.

But for the most part, yes.
I don't play better, but I play differently. I put my different emotions and feeligns into my playing.

If I feel angry or something I'll usually play alot of fast, hard-hitting songs, and when I'm happy it's really just "whatever" and I play around.

I think you should be able to channel your anger or sadness or any negative emotion into your playing, if not then what is it good for?

Sure if you're angry or too sad to get out of bad you might not want to play guitar, but that is one method of expressing your inner self.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
if im hyped up or excited i play better, if im happy im more creative
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
i really don't know, sometimes i play crap, then there's other times when i'm playing six WAY too fast and have to slow myself down.

and it's ussually when i'm just in a general mood. i dunno.
if your feeling a strong emotion of some sort, you'll be able to write music better, but it will be expressed through that emotion (being pissed = angry/aggressive song and so on)

i dont really know myself, but i know that if im feeling like crap, ill play guitar and feel alot better =]
yes!

especially in a band situation, if we feel good we play fantasic, if theres negative energy around, we paly crap
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
It really depends on what I'm playing. A lot of what I write is very dark and depressing, so it helps when I'm upset or pissed off. I use those emotions to my advantage and let things flow.

Pretty much just mirroring the good feeling theory.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

yeh all the time..lol
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by technicolour
I'd imagine it's more difficult to play with a high fever and constantly vomiting every 15 minutes. That being said, I play better when my hands/fingers are warm, they move faster.

True. I have a bad case of pneumonia right now and I can't even play at all. This really sucks cuz I haven't played in nearly a week.