It's wierd. Some days my amp sounds perfect and Im really proud of it and it makes me look super pro in front of the women. and then some days it sounds like you just started your car when there was a cat sleeping on your hood. today is one of those days.

Anyone else feel like that? Do you think it's actually the amp or just my perception of it?
For the most part, it's how you perceive it. In theory, the sound of an amp when it's set up right is exactly the same when you play the same thing over twice on different days on the same settings, without counting for wear.

But.

Sometimes it does sound different. Some days it's fxxking awesome and you don't wanna put your axe down. Then the next day you're all excited, you pick your guitar up, plug her in, start your amp up, hit a few notes and hate yourself for waking up that morning, turn your amp off and ram your head into a wall.

It's all in your head man, it's in mine too.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
no actually
my amp just sounds bad in general
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
It's probably just your playing that day. I get that. Somedays my amp is just RAGING—and then I realize it's because I'm playing like a mofo, I'm all warmed up and kicking——then other days, it's just all sloppy and sticky-like. That's my playing with a hangover.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
It's because of the outlet you plug into fluctuates. You're not always getting full power unless you use a conditioner.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I heard that the weather can also affect your tone. Also electrical stuff. Like lights and such. But they make a buzzing noise that pisses me off...