hey, i finally deceded on the amp im getting and now i want some advice on a good OD pedal. i getting a fender reissue blues deluxe and i play blues, i want the pedal for a blues distortion, i was thinking of the Ibanez tubesreamer Ts9, wise move?? i just want to know how the pedal will go with the amp.

thanks
dude no man. for $100 ish, get a weber attenuator somehow. (ur in australia. but u still have ebay right?)

it would give u all the blues overdrive u need.

but one downside is that it eats up ur tubes...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
match made in heaven dude, but if you ever feel like playing something with more gain the TS9 wont cut it
and i was just asking cos i read some say that certain amps do/dont go with certain pedals
u can adjust the gain volume when u crank ur amp... so why not an attenuator? and it cleans up perfectly with a twist of a volume knob too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I play a blues deluxe+Ts808 at my teachers house all the time, and it sound unbeliveable!i highly recomend you have a look at that one too!
dont know anything about the ts9 though.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

^i dunno. i play a tubescreamer (custom one with TB and other mods) through my blues jr (modeled similar to the blues deluxe) and it sounds kinda harsh when having my face in front of my speaker, and it sounds bad when im standing up... i'm getting a weber beam blocker soon, but i dunno.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
OD-808? OCD? Fulldrive 2?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by ECistheBest
^i dunno. i play a tubescreamer (custom one with TB and other mods) through my blues jr (modeled similar to the blues deluxe) and it sounds kinda harsh when having my face in front of my speaker, and it sounds bad when im standing up... i'm getting a weber beam blocker soon, but i dunno.

Tilt it back
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^isn't the logic the same as just sitting with my face in front of my amp?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ No. Cause you don't have to bend over to put your face in front of it.

Or something
^its sitting on top of my marshall. so yea. full stackzorz!!!

and im sitting on a small stool with the speaker right in my face. loud, but only for me! yay.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmm, interesting setup

I do that alot at school. I once put a Marshall AVT15 or whatever it's called on top of 2 60w 1x12 bass combos, the line out of the AVT into the first one, and the bass combo patched into the next bass combo. That was epic fullstackzors. Much fuller tone than a usual AVT, actually...
but the fact that the blues jr. is not sitting on the marshall real tight, it's losing tone i think. corduroyEW told me that. i might put like a piece of wood on both sides of the marshall's handle (too tall), it should level the blues jr. with a nice strong base.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Menatone red snapper. MUCH better pedal.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

it'll sound great.
i'm getting a BYOC screamer for my blues deluxe.
i suggest you take a look at those, they're cheaper and slighty better.
don't expect to NAIL the SRV tone though.
Well, the blues series of fender amps are based upon vintage 'tweed' style amps that fender put out mostly in the 50's. They were characterized by a nice warm sound, but still had that fender sparkle on cleans. They're a lot meatier than the blackface amps that fender put out in the 60's, which is what Stevie used. Blackface amps are a lot less midrangy and have a slightly "thinner" tone. The reason that a Tubescreamer worked so well for stevie was that it added some mids to an amp which really wasnt that midrangy to begin with.

And no, you cant just turn the mids down on your amp. It works to an extent, but its definitely not the same tone.

So, you could use a tubescreamer, and it would sound good, (i do it on my blues junior sometimes), but it gets quite boxy sounding, and something like an OCD, which is a more even booster, gets me a better tone. Its all preference.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors