Hey, i just recently bought a roland cube 60 and i'm wondering how to make a footswitch for it to use all the functions. And i was hoping to install some LED's, does any1 know a website that shows how to do it, or can someone please post?? I want something simple that doesn't involve a circut board. Thanks
itll need a circuit board first of all. and if it doesnt have the ability to have a footswitch then it cant have one
Check your pms hamish

And to the guy above me, don't say things that you dont know about. Theres absolutely no need for a circuit board inside of a footswitch like this.

The only difference between the 60 and the 30 is that the 60 will need 3 different mono jacks, each wired to a switch. It's relatively easy, but if you need any help just message me back.
Last edited by Dark_Merlin at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by sobeisbull
itll need a circuit board first of all. and if it doesnt have the ability to have a footswitch then it cant have one

Dude, no. All a circuit board is a big combination of diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc. When you build any effect, in this case a footswitch, you get a bunch of diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc., and wire them into your own "circuit board". Don't pretend to know what you're talking about.
Quote by rcw110131
Dude, no. All a circuit board is a big combination of diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc. When you build any effect, in this case a footswitch, you get a bunch of diodes, resistors, capacitors, etc., and wire them into your own "circuit board". Don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

When it comes to the cube footswitch you dont need any diodes/resistors. All these kinds of footswitches do is short the ground to the hot. Ive built one of these for myself
Quote by rcw110131

u can get a circuit board too. doesn't have to be ur own. or make a circuit on a veroboard like me!

and in TS's case, his circuit board is "a board with crazy **** on it", which relatively means "he doesn't want crazy **** to solder". but all he wants is a footswitch. merlin said it has 3 mono jacks, so all he needs is 3 DPST or DPDT switches, three LEDs, maybe a bezel for the LED, some wire, enclosure, three cables, solder, and three cables.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Dark_Merlin
When it comes to the cube footswitch you dont need any diodes/resistors. All these kinds of footswitches do is short the ground to the hot. Ive built one of these for myself

Yeah I know a footswitch would not be that complicated, I was just saying in general for any type of stompbox.