I went to a local music store and saw this, they had it for 900
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=511337

Later I went to a local pawn shop and saw the same guitar, only thing different was the logo on the headstock it looked older and the serial number (duh) but they were both made in korea, both had identical necks, bodys and pickups. The pawn shop had it for 300 but im sure I could get them to go lower. Is this worth buying for keeps? for resale? Please let me know
the color is ugly...
but the guitar itself would prolly play nice.
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.
Quote by Mosh023
the color is ugly...
but the guitar itself would prolly play nice.

Your ugly! i like it, it looks like a table
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by groll01
i like it, it looks like a table

I also like the look of it, well try to ask the pawn shop when it was made but if it's on a pawnshop the probability of it being a good to high quality one is almost high.

goodluck man!
Quote by Miss G
I went to a local music store and saw this, they had it for 900
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Lite-Ash-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-with-Tremolo?sku=511337

Later I went to a local pawn shop and saw the same guitar, only thing different was the logo on the headstock it looked older and the serial number (duh) but they were both made in korea, both had identical necks, bodys and pickups. The pawn shop had it for 300 but im sure I could get them to go lower. Is this worth buying for keeps? for resale? Please let me know

I have the Light Ash Strat and it's definetly worth the money. I find it's a nice looking, good sounding and durable guitar. I've used mine for gigs and such and have never had any problems with it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Yeah, I'd buy that.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
You said they were identical but the logo was different. Assuming they both are Fenders I think that's a very nice guitar. Obviously you don't want to pay $900 for a used one, $400 may be a fair price depending on condition.
Thanks for the opinions guys, ill probably pick it up. It needs cleaned up and new strings but if it plays nice ill keep it if not it will make for a good trade
I would just make sure it's not a knockoff guitar. If the logo looks strange to you run the serial # before you buy it. I have seen a lot of counterfit guitars selling at pawnshops lately for big bucks. I think people who get these take them to pawnshops knowing they probably can't tell the difference.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I would just make sure it's not a knockoff guitar. If the logo looks strange to you run the serial # before you buy it. I have seen a lot of counterfit guitars selling at pawnshops lately for big bucks. I think people who get these take them to pawnshops knowing they probably can't tell the difference.

John

Their Korean, so running the serial number is very hard.

Anyway, here are some things you can look for on the Light Ash strat:

-the neckplate has a plain Fender logo, nothing more

-the tuners don't say anything

-the back of the headstock only has the text:

serial
number XXXXXXXX
made in korea

the letters are the same size, no capital letters and the numbers ar bigger and in bold.

-the neck and fingerboard are birdseye maple and the inlays are abalone.

-the front of the headstock only has the Fender spaghetti logo with a ® sign. The logo has black edges on is coloured in gold.

-it has a white plastic nut

-the skunk stripe ends right after (going from headstock to bridge) the first fret.

-the bridge is a two point trem which comes stock with two springs installed

The original owner might have modified it a little, but these are some things you can look for.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 15, 2007,