I currently have 1000$ ( i'd prefer spending less than that ) for both of them ( I know, it's not much ).

Im mainly into modern hardcore.

I've currently been thinking about buying epiphone SG G400 and Roland cube 20x

// it'll be just for playing at home.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Viper-400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516660

amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG75G3-G3-Series-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=480334

yeah...that works perfectly for modern hardcore =]
the amp is extremely good, its the combo version of my amp =]
find a local store and try out guitars first. thats always the best bet. i was surprised that i went to guitar center looking for a certain guitar and ended up buying a different one because of quality. as far as the amp goes... id do the same thing. its always best to try things out before you buy them.. online reviews arent always trust worthy or are generally based on what that person's taste in music is. then after you try them you can always order off the internet for a cheaper price.
i actually picked these, because they go hand in hand for hardcore....i was actually going to suggest a BC Rich to tell you the truth (Chiodos use em )
but realized a nice Viper 400 is pretty cheap and has great pups.
and the amp, i have yet to come across someone that doesn't like it.
it has incredible distortion on it, and pretty good cleans, but modern hardcore doesn't worry about cleans
besides, the Viper screams "LOOK AT ME!! IM FKING HARDCORE!!"
its either that or a lame ass epiphone sg.... fleh, despise the buggers.

oh, and if he went to a music store, he could attempt to barter with them, like you
can do at Guitar Center....except guitar center doesn't stock either of these things, lolz
More suggestions ?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Why not a RG50TC for an amp? that should fall into your budget if you get the viper-400. Not sure how much they are over there though.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
The VC30 is hardly a good choice for modern hardcore.

Try out an Epi G400, and a Randall RG50TC.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by BirdHouse
used rg550 and a laney vc30

Rg550s can do anything and Laney amps are excellent, especially for the price, so I don't see what's wrong with this suggestion. Although you may want a distortion/boost/overdrive pedal for those hyper gain bits, given that the Laney isn't exactly what you'd call a gain beast.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Remember, i don't need very loud amp... It's just for playing at home, in my bedroom ( so im pretty much going with roland cube, it has this awsome feature called " Power Squeezer " . That's exactly what i need, but don't forget, if there are any amps with similar feature, then don't forget recommending them to me ).

So basically currently im just after new guitar. ( about 500 $ for guitar ).

And what about Les Pauls ? Wich of them would fit in my budget and will make mad sound ?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Last edited by loxer at Oct 14, 2007,
The Roland Cube 20X would be perfect for you, that would be my amp of choice (I was GOING to say Roland Cube 30, but I saw you wanted a Power Squeezer). As for the guitar, I have no opinion seeing that I hardly played one in my life, but I've heard good things about it.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by BirdHouse
used rg550 and a laney vc30

end of thread (or you could get a 321 with different pups)
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by loxer
And what about Les Pauls ? Wich of them would fit in my budget and will make mad sound ?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=ltd+ec-500

Added to the Roland Cube 20x, that easily fits within your $1000 budget. And the EMG's give it some crazy distortion. Not great for cleans, but like it's been said... You don't need cleans for hardcore! A lot of people don't like EMG's but I have a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG's and love them for distorted sound like Chiodos, Funeral For A Friend, Job For A Cowboy, Bullet For My Valentine, Elysia, Taking Back Sunday, and anything really. And I can get decent cleans out of it, as long as I turn my amp volume up and my guitar volume down.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
I like the Viper's modified SG contours a lot. Beautiful guitar. G400's aren't bad at all for the price. I really like the walnut-stained looking one the best. Quality is iffy but play a bunch of them, there are some really good ones. Between the two of them and even though I don't like active EMG's I think the Viper may be a marginally better choice for metal if it is good quality (it appears to be.) Specs look solid.
Id like to hear few more opinions...

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Don't get the Cube 20W or the 15, they don't have amp modeling.

The Vox Valvetronix AD30VT- XL sounds good for you. It has a feature like Power Squeezer on it as well.
Well, i've made my mind, im going to buy roland cube.

But i still have no idea what guitar to buy/try or whatever. So suggest me a guitar.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by atreyurock9
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=ltd+ec-500

Added to the Roland Cube 20x, that easily fits within your $1000 budget. And the EMG's give it some crazy distortion. Not great for cleans, but like it's been said... You don't need cleans for hardcore! A lot of people don't like EMG's but I have a Schecter Hellraiser with EMG's and love them for distorted sound like Chiodos, Funeral For A Friend, Job For A Cowboy, Bullet For My Valentine, Elysia, Taking Back Sunday, and anything really. And I can get decent cleans out of it, as long as I turn my amp volume up and my guitar volume down.

That's one sick guitar.

If I had the money, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

I am sort of looking for an amp too, and all these amps seem cheap to me, just wondering, where do you guys categorize the new Line 6 Spider III Amps?
So... It's been allmost a day, but suggestions are still welcome .

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

I can't really find a way to bump this thread without duobleposting, so hate me.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

mrdupreedurp and atreyurock9 the best guitar suggestions IMO. esp is perfect for ur style of music. the hardware on those guitars is the best stock of most guitars. plus if you're just playing at home i would suggest looking into a hardtail guitar because you can spend more time playing it that you will have to setting it up (if it was a trem guitar)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless