hi guys..i played guitar for quite some time..and i plan to get my 1st pedal..
my gears, currently:

Guitar : Aussie's Ashton AY series
Amp : Marshall MG30DFX

i play punk,alternative,metalcore-atreyu,paul gilbert ,vai..sometimes blues...
my budget for multi effects is from $USD 250 to 300..

which multi effects pedal should i get?
currently looking at the Zoom' G2.1u , G7.1ut, Korgs AX3000G and ME-50..
i cant decide...any other pedals to suggest is welcome..
thansk a bunch!
cheers!
most people are going to say save for a new amp instead. $300 is already enough to get a better one...

but as for the pedal, I've heard very good things about the Korgs pedal.

Although I recommend not going with multi-effects but to get good single effects peddles. if you do that, you'll thank me later.

either way, with your amp, its not going to sound very pretty.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
that doesn't answer his question though. I hate people who don't answer questions- just reply with generic responses, as if they've Ctrl-V'd it.

Sure, his amp could be better, but he doesn't want a new- he asked for a multi-effects unit and our opinions on them.

Anyway, threadstarter, the GT8 is apparently really nice, although i cannot say i've had experience with it. Multi-effects aren't my prefered choice of effect units, but thats not to say they're bad. Just make sure there is a range of good quality sounds.
yeah multi-effect pedals are generally of lower quality as far as the effects go.. or with my experience that is. pick some effects your into and start there by buying separate pedals.
Quote by FunctionF2
that doesn't answer his question though. I hate people who don't answer questions- just reply with generic responses, as if they've Ctrl-V'd it.

Sure, his amp could be better, but he doesn't want a new- he asked for a multi-effects unit and our opinions on them.

Anyway, threadstarter, the GT8 is apparently really nice, although i cannot say i've had experience with it. Multi-effects aren't my prefered choice of effect units, but thats not to say they're bad. Just make sure there is a range of good quality sounds.

I answered his question. I said I heard good things about the Korg. And I have.

I also said he should get single-effect peddles instead. $300 can get him a crybaby, a good distortion/overdrive/fuzz of some type, and an effect of his choice. More if he goes with cheaper stuff (and his amp is cheap, so buying expensive stuff is kinda pointless for him).

multi-effects are neat toys, but they aren't really the best IMO, and a lot of people agree with me on that.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
The GT8 as said is a good Multi-FX, as well as the PODs, but if I were you, I'd buy single effects. If you ever plan on buying a better amp and getting into tube amps and the like, the Multi-FX pedals will really change the tone of your amp, most of the time, this isn't good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by spiroth10
I answered his question. I said I heard good things about the Korg. And I have.

I also said he should get single-effect peddles instead. $300 can get him a crybaby, a good distortion/overdrive/fuzz of some type, and an effect of his choice. More if he goes with cheaper stuff (and his amp is cheap, so buying expensive stuff is kinda pointless for him).

multi-effects are neat toys, but they aren't really the best IMO, and a lot of people agree with me on that.

sorry. I meant the first guy.

I agree with your post.
thanks for the replies guys..
urm..i dont plan to get a new amp yet...cuz tht mg30dfx is for home use only..
when i perform..i'll get to use other marshalls..

urm..multi-effects are realli that bad?
well, if i plan to get 3 items (stompboxes)..
what will u guys suggest?
Dist- ?? Overdrive??
do Boss Eq realli gives alot of difference?
i dont think i need a wah pedal yet...or do i need one..haha
What about boss od-20? <- not recommended too?
Thanks again!!
get a fuzz pedal. they give you kind of a marshall vibe. (at least my MKII Tonebender clone does.) modulation might be fun. but the MG30DFX has one already. i had one so i know. wah pedals are awesome. i'm getting into so much wah customizing, u won't even believe it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Zoom effects arent that great. i tryed an ex bandmates one and the wah sounded really weak compared to my crybaby.
but i guess with multi effects you are going to get a multitude of mediocre effects, whereas with single effects your getting a single, good effect.
Quote by darthbuttchin
Zoom effects arent that great. i tryed an ex bandmates one and the wah sounded really weak compared to my crybaby.
but i guess with multi effects you are going to get a multitude of mediocre effects, whereas with single effects your getting a single, good effect.

Comparatively speaking, there are a lot more shitty single effects out there than shitty multi-effects.