Any of you got any speed tips how to fast prepare for playing if you have been in a cold for a while and now you got 5 mins to prepare for playing but your hands are freeze cold. The trick is you don't have anything like fire hot anywhere near you. Did I made this question interesting hehe ?
yeah, in that time you could have like 6 wanks.

seriously though, in five minutes is pretty hard, but I would just try hot breath, armpits (should do real good), and some quick runs.
Who reads sigs anyway
Put your hands in your pants, and sit on them for a while. Or just do some warm up patterns.
--S---------
S---H------
--H---R----
S---R---D-
--H---E----
S---R---D- SHRED
--H---E----
S---R---D-
--S---E----
----R---D--
--H---------
S-----------

How many times do you see SHRED in this?
Quote by CrazehSteve
Have a wank with both your hands?

Yeah, I should try that. Thanks for a great guitar tip man heh
Last edited by Speedhand at Oct 14, 2007,
putting my hands in my pocket. or warm up the room.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I mean besides that I was also always just wondering how are those big guitarists able to play New Year concert on outside when it's freaking cold and I can barely hold my drink without my hands shakin, not imagine to play guitar at the moment on that place no matter how much long time I have to prepare for that show. Even if I warm them for the show I think they need like 10 mins maybe to start shakin again. Well, if I play Steve Vai style for two hours (faster as I can) maybe they wont heh, but if not?...
Last edited by Speedhand at Oct 14, 2007,
"If your hands get cold, put them in your buttocks, it's natures pocket" - Free Waterfall Senior
Play chromatics for a few minutes, up and down the neck. Take a break, repeat.

Then, do some hard down picking until your arm starts to burn. Give it a rest, and then do it again. After that, take another break, and do some alternate picking.

After that, my hands are ready to go, and feel great. Dimebag used that exercise before shows, and I'll say it works wonders for me.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The best way to get your hands warm is to get your entire body warm. If you just warm up your hands they will cool down within a few seconds since the cooler blood from the rest of your body will flow there. Just jump up and down a lot or run in a circle a couple of times.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
Quote by Colgate Total
Play chromatics for a few minutes, up and down the neck. Take a break, repeat.

Then, do some hard down picking until your arm starts to burn. Give it a rest, and then do it again. After that, take another break, and do some alternate picking.

After that, my hands are ready to go, and feel great. Dimebag used that exercise before shows, and I'll say it works wonders for me.

Yeh I do pretty much the exact same too..

Quote by Dardarian
The best way to get your hands warm is to get your entire body warm. If you just warm up your hands they will cool down within a few seconds since the cooler blood from the rest of your body will flow there. Just jump up and down a lot or run in a circle a couple of times.

Ive only just started doing it bot before I leave for a gig I wrap up in a few layers and gloves and wear it for however long it is till we play (even if the venue is pretty hot!) then I run about a bit in it too and when I take it off (after warming up on the guitar|) im boiling hot and actually play great!! better than I ever could without doing it! seriously you might think your too hot but as long as you keep drinkin a bit of water it'll totally 100% fix you problem!

Seriously man it REALLY REALLY WORKS WONDERS! dont matter if you look a bit odd in a venue wearing a coat and gloves when its hot already cus when you get up there they'll all think your great lol
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Last edited by synth002 at Oct 14, 2007,