Long story short, but every attempt of me to find a Vigier Surfreter has ended in failure. After having looked through auction sites and having phoned the factory, the Benelux distributor, the U.K. distributor and countless of stores, it seems like I have only two options:

1) there's one in England right now, but due to my schedule it's almost impossible to pick up.

2) there's one coming to a store near me in about 5 months.

The thing is, I would really like to have one before the end of this year, but I'd also like to try it before I buy it.

So I was wondering if anyone here knows a store in mainland Europe (preferably France, Germany, Belgium, Luxemburg and The Netherlands) that has one in stock, or someone in these countries selling one secondhand.

Any help/info is very much appreciated.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
It shouldn't be THAT rare... I remember seeing them on eBay once in a while.

Just wait. One may pop up in your local store, you will never know....

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
It shouldn't be THAT rare... I remember seeing them on eBay once in a while.

Just wait. One may pop up in your local store, you will never know....

They are that rare. Vigier has a very low output and the Surfreter is only a small part of their total production. The average waiting time is 5 to 7 months for one of these and most are sold before they reach the store.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by sashki
Well, they're french, so I guess there's a bunch of them there.

I'm in Geneva, Switzerland, and there's a store here which deals Vigier. They have a couple of 'em.

Why not look at the dealer list on Vigier's website?
http://www.vigierguitars.com/html/dist/distrib.htm

I have, but the thing is, many stores list them, but none have them in stock.

Anyway, thanks for looking.
Quote by sashki
Could I ask why you want a fretless guitar?

I want a new guitar, but not just another regular electric guitar.

I have eight electrics, seven of which are solidbody.

A few years ago my playing needed a boost, so I got something I didn't have yet, an acoustic. Later I did the same thing again by buying a bass and now I want to try my hand at fretless, because I feel that getting something like a fretless guitar will encourage me to play even more than I already do.

The reason I'm so set on a Vigier is because of the metal fingerboard and the absence of a trussrod. Also, I've recently had a fretted Vigier in my hands and these things are incredible.

Quote by NegativeRespons
my local shop has had one in for months.. but i'm in UK so i suppose that doesnt help..

Could your local shop be located in Poole or Salisbury?

The thing is, technically I'm fine with going to the U.K., it's just that it would have to be near Harwich (or London).

There's a shop in Salisbury that has one right now, but that would mean I'd have to spend 8 hours on trains and subways.
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 14, 2007,