Ok well i got one of my mates coming round tomorrow, and i was a little blunt on what we could do.
then i realized i could network my laptop and my desktop together.

its just... i'm not entirely sure how to do it.

Do i needa special sort of cable?? ive got a cable that fits into both network card slots, but is it just right like that?
My laptop has vista on it, but the desktop has XP on it, its still possible to connect them right?

Can someone walk me through how to connect them up?

thanks alot.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Hmm..have you plugged in the cables to both ends and tried setting up a network connection on your desktop?
Get off my lawn.
You need an ethernet crossover cable. The are tutorials all over the 'net on how to configure the connection.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by HawkaLuigi
Hmm..have you plugged in the cables to both ends and tried setting up a network connection on your desktop?

Well... i have no idea how to set it up, thats the whole point of this thread...

Quote by Tummaenkeli
It's called LAN...

...look it up.

Google it.

Well considering LAN is short for 'Local Area Network' and most people who dont call it a LAN call it a network i figure in calling it a network i was correct.

Quote by Mad Marius
You need an ethernet crossover cable. The are tutorials all over the 'net on how to configure the connection.

yeah but none i found told the vista half on how to set it up.

I LOVE KENSAI
Last edited by RaNdoM-FeLiX at Oct 14, 2007,
Last time I lan'd the person who had Vista...ooh...it was a major bitch to configure...sigh.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
Last time I lan'd the person who had Vista...ooh...it was a major bitch to configure...sigh.

Its been done exactly like this before, its just i wasnt around when the person done it. and i cant like ring them or whatever since i didnt know the person.

I LOVE KENSAI