I want to buy some albums from this band and i don't know where to start since they have so many. So any recommendations?
Last edited by dunebuge6969 at Oct 14, 2007,
Bee Thousand.
Quote by utsapp89
CRUSHING
SLAMMING
BROCOLI!
Face it, t3h MG mini-stack pwns your face.
Alien Lanes.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Bee Thousand would probably be the best to start out with.

But then again, it's the only one I own.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Human Amusement at Hour Rates. It's a compilation, but it has quite a bit of songs on it.

Guided by Voices is so awesome. They have so many good songs, you can't go wrong.
4 strings good, 6 strings bad.
Quote by FaceTheBass
Human Amusement at Hour Rates. It's a compilation, but it has quite a bit of songs on it.

Yeah, it's a pretty good compilation. It's what got me into GBV, so I'd start there.
Quote by misfits385
Bee Thousand.

+1 go for Bee Thousand, I like Sunfish Holy Breakfast a lot too.
I will never travel brandishing a sharp tongue, out of fear of piercing my own heart...
BEE THOUSAND

A.) Because I love yelling that
and B.) Because its an awesome album.

Honestly, listen to a few clips on iTunes and see which album appeals to you the most. When first getting into a band, the first album you buy of theirs is like a first date. If it all goes well, you'll certainly be back for more. If it turns sour half way through, things may not turn out so well for further action.

Happy Listening (and dating!) haha
Current Rig:
Fender CS Eric Clapton Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Digitech Crossroads Pedal

In the stereo: The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
That's an interesting allegory.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I'd definitely go with Bee Thousand. If you like lo-fi I can't think of anything better. Check out "I am a Scientist" "Gold Star for Robot Boy" "Goldheart Mountaintop Queen Directory" and "Hot Freaks". They're all from that album and most songs are around 1 minute.
Join The Skyland group. PM kurt_hendrix to join.
and by through listening you happen to figure out how to play "gold star for robot boy" with more than two chords, please let us know.