hi..i'd like to ask whats the difference between multi effects and twin pedals..
for example: the Boss ME-50 againts the OD-20..
from what i know, multi effects sucks 'tone' from the amp..rite?
and most ppl recommend single effect pedals (stompboxes), where it will produce better sound quality...
what about the twin pedal? does it sucks up the tone or is it just like the normal stompboxes?
thanks..
Actually, an ME-50 wouldn't be that bad. The low end multi-fx like DigiTech RPs and low end Zooms give the bad reputation. It's still a matter of personal preference, but I've heard good things about the ME-50.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I have a great twin pedal, an H2O (Visual Sound) and it acts just like 2 seperate pedals. It does chorus and delay and doesnt cost much more than a regular pedal. . Unless you buy an extremely expensive multi effects pedal it will kill your tone. Stick to the stomp boxes and twin pedals.
The BOSS Twin pedals are awesome, there much better than mulit fx IMO. The OD-20 is basically like a normal stomp box, but with loads of sound options. In terms of sound, price and versatility there great. If you want loads of different drive sounds its ideal.
thanks guys..
cuz i'm actually plannin to get pedals/multieffects..
thought of getting one of these multi's -> ME-50,AX3000g,zoom g2.1u (still havent decide)
or either these-> OD-20 + 1 stompbox of my choice..
The twin pedals your thinking of are just like regular pedals. It's one effect, it's just multiple variations, and more control of your tone for that effect.

Multi effects have multiple effects and amp models and everything, you don't have enough control over your tone for my liking, and it colors your natural tone.

Some single pedals are just as bad.

It really depends on the specific pedals yor getting.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by jscustomguitars
The BOSS Twin pedals are awesome, there much better than mulit fx IMO. The OD-20 is basically like a normal stomp box, but with loads of sound options. In terms of sound, price and versatility there great. If you want loads of different drive sounds its ideal.

FYI - the OD-20, RE-20 and RT-20 use COSM modeling...all three use the same DACs and processor from the ME-50 and GT-8. There's nothing analog about those three pedals, it's all digital.

There's nothing wrong with a good multi, you just need to learn how to set it up correctly. Take a look at my GT-8 thread for more info.
Quote by letterkills
thanks guys..
cuz i'm actually plannin to get pedals/multieffects..
thought of getting one of these multi's -> ME-50,AX3000g,zoom g2.1u (still havent decide)
or either these-> OD-20 + 1 stompbox of my choice..

Out of the three you said, the ax3000g is the best. It's a beast, and pretty cheap.
If you're going to get an Fx pedal, don't get a lower end Digitech - they're crap.
Quote by TwoString
FYI - the OD-20, RE-20 and RT-20 use COSM modeling...all three use the same DACs and processor from the ME-50 and GT-8. There's nothing analog about those three pedals, it's all digital.

There's nothing wrong with a good multi, you just need to learn how to set it up correctly. Take a look at my GT-8 thread for more info.

Ive never found a multi that sounded as good as individual pedals. Always found they colour the amps natural sound too much.
Quote by jscustomguitars
Ive never found a multi that sounded as good as individual pedals. Always found they colour the amps natural sound too much.

Not trying to start a fight or anything, but I find that comment funny considering the OD-20 that you use is the same pedal under the hood that the ME-50 is.