Hey. I am wanting to build a basic pedal for a Laney VC15 amp to switch between channels, so say i am playing a distorted part and then i want to switch to clean I can press the footswitch and it changes mode on the amp without having to use your hands.

Is this easy to do? I know you can buy them but, I think its a rip off to pay that much for what it does.
Channel switching pedals are unique to your amp I think. Check the laney site for VC pedals.

Another thing you could do is just roll back your volume knob on the guitar. A lot of great players use single channel amps and roll back their volume (and switch pickups) if they want to get a cleaner sound.

As far as building them goes, I have no idea.
Not only would it disrupt the fabric of time and space, but it would totally ruin the surprise!
Or you could just sit down while you play, kick your shoes off, and hit the channel switch with your toe.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
if your amp has only two footswitchable channels, and no other special switching like reverb or brightness, you can by a cheap footswitch from some chaep amp company and it will work.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
if your amp has only two footswitchable channels, and no other special switching like reverb or brightness, you can by a cheap footswitch from some chaep amp company and it will work.

not necessarily. There are different kinds of footswitches.

by the time you get all the parts then you put it all together, coupled with you having no warranty, it's probably worth buying one
Hmmm, it is only two channels but it has built in reverb with a knob. I think i'll just use the volume on the guitar in that case, or if I get some spare cash ill buy one. Cheers for the help