Well after finally being very good in rock guitar I decided to try some other styles in music, so that brought me to Django which music and guitar playing I found to be so great. Well, decided I want to learn some stuff from him, so tell me what are the ones of his most famous songs (so I can maybe even recognize some coz I only heard very few for me very unknown songs from him) and also what of his songs may be the best for practicing to learn something new coz this is a very new music style for me. Thanks
Last edited by Speedhand at Oct 14, 2007,
I love Nuages in general, no matter who is playing it. Though I must reccomend the Jakob Dinesen Quartet CD- Everything Will Be Alright. It has a great version of Nuages on there, plus Kurt Rosenwinkel (guitar) plays some great stuff in general on that album.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
'Paramount Stomp' opens with the most infectiously catchy piece of violin work I've ever heard.

It's also a pretty good tune if you're wanting to learn some of Django's guitarwork, so I'd reccomend that.
learn djangology
such a good song and its easy to learn
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
I'll see you in my dreams, Nuages, or Minor Swing. They're all very representative of his style.

I specially like Joe Pass+Stephane Grappelli+Oscar Peterson's version of Nuages, listen to it you might like it!
Les Yeux Noirs.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I second Minor Swing.

It's good that you're looking at jazz because Django is a great player and also someone can dedicate they're life to learning rock guitar and still not be able to play rock as good as a jazz player.