I've seen a couple of advertisments for the new Ernie Ball string cleaner, Its supposed to clean the crap that's under the string, and cleans the actual string it self. Couple of complaints that I read from reviews is that it leaves the strings really dry.

Is it worth it? I was also wondering how many wipes are in the small bottle, anybody know?

That looks like a serious waste of money, if you want some string cleaner just get some in a bottle (Gibson makes it) for a few bucks, and use a pair of old boxers, it'll be cheaper and last longer.

Fast Fret also works well, and lasts forever, the issue with wipes like this is that the run out really fast.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Fast Fret was something I was considering, but i'll look into the one that Gibson makes in a bottle.

I also understand that the best solution is to get a new pair of strings, but its not an option for me right now.
Quote by bewareofwario34
Fast Fret was something I was considering, but i'll look into the one that Gibson makes in a bottle.

I also understand that the best solution is to get a new pair of strings, but its not an option for me right now.

What?

Why not?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Don't bother with Fast Fret, it really dosn't do any good. Tbh it's always going to be best to just change your strings regularly, and make sure you wipe them down after a gig. I use an old sock....
wonder wipes were cool for awhile, dont buy em' anymore though. finger ease is the shice tho. use it about 3 weeks after you put the strings on(when theyre about to be gonners) and they spring back to life for a couple more weeks.
Quote by kyle62
Don't bother with Fast Fret, it really dosn't do any good. Tbh it's always going to be best to just change your strings regularly, and make sure you wipe them down after a gig. I use an old sock....

+1. you would be amazed the crap that would come off the strings after each use. well, nothing disgusting, but still...i just wipe it after each time i play with an old piece of t-shirt.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Ive seen them adds. They look good, but i reckon their not so good.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I think fast fret definitely works imo. I use it before and after I play, and I run the cloth around each string. It definitely keeps them from oxidizing as fast, and works to clean them if you use the cloth. If you have several guitars, buying new strings every month is not fun, besides the pita to change them. I get much more usable life out of my strings with a combination of fast fret and wiping them down.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Those wonder wipes are INSANE. Personally I think they are terrific, although they will lure you into thinking that a set of strings will last forever. They make the strings much smoother and sound better. I suggest you just try out a small container at first. Since I have about 6 guitars I use one wipe on them all and its great.