...Would you be able to plug in a mic into an amp and put effescts on it? I'm not sure if it would work because i read somewhere that amps converts the magnetic waves from the pickups into noise or something like that. but if it did work then you could add effects and stuff like that which would be cool...
Yeah. I put a mic through my micro cube, and the effects worked on it. Reverb, delay, etc.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
yeah it's possible. probably won't sound that great unless it's a keyboard/bass amp or a PA.

and it's not the amp that converts the magnetic waves, it's the pickups that do so.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
it works. thats what my singer does until he can afford a pa system. it sound kind of crappy, though
of course it will work. but be careful, you might get some feedback dpending on what effect you're using.
mic line signals are a lot higher in amplitude than guitar signals, so a mic will distort the amp much sooner, especially on digital amps, sounding harsh and broken. but cedric bixler has his own pedal baord for his voice. best to run through pedals and into a PA
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
^tmv fan, schweet.
it will work, good chance that it will sound awful.
and pickups are just microphones anyway, so yeah.
wow, visiting the same threads are we jermie? TMV rocks all socks to china. the long way.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery
Quote by Y0UNGBL00D
wow, visiting the same threads are we jermie? TMV rocks all socks to china. the long way.

Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Yeah. I put a mic through my micro cube, and the effects worked on it. Reverb, delay, etc.

Reverb and delay on vocals!?
Unheard of!
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
ive always wanted to run a mic through a distortion pedal
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
I use my Vox sometimes for vocals, but you have to set the EQ and volume just right or it gets major feedback. I would suggest a keyboard or bass amp for doing something like that though.

Have also run a mic through my zoom into a bass amp to get distortion on the vocals, it sounds very demonic haha.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i know the guy was being sarcastic, but just in case anyone doesnt realize, reverb and delay are almost ALWAYS on vocal tracks. voice sounds cool through a big muff. like a megaphone. i used it on my mars volta cover of televators. along with some tremolo and echo.
SG
Thunderverb 50
Foot Computers
Beer and snacks
Scenery