Im doing a project on red blood cells and i got to know whats inside red blood cells and how they deliver oxygen and stuff, i diont expect much from The Pit but Google didn't help

BTW i'm 13

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Hemoglobin.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Snuffles
Im doing a project on red blood cells and i got to know whats inside red blood cells

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythrocytes
and how they deliver oxygen and stuff,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemoglobin
i diont expect much from The Pit but Google didn't help

BTW i'm 13

then you suck at teh google

or do it the old fashioned way and go to a library. Find some high school biology book, it should have enough information for your project.

Quote by guitarmannn
antibodies

thats more the job of the white ones to what I know?

Antibodies (also known as immunoglobulins) are Y-shaped proteins .....are produced by a kind of white blood cell called a B cell.
Last edited by seljer at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by minibrowny

yeah, but at school my teacher went over some crap with us about the (im in immersion) vacoul and cytoplasmes and chromosomes and stuff

What i really need is a pic about that

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Don't worry, that **** is easy. Just wait til you have to learn about osmosis......
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Does anybody know if you can just burn pure Calcium in Oxygen to form Calcium Oxide, or does it have to be Calcium Carbonate?
Quote by Snuffles
yeah, but at school my teacher went over some crap with us about the (im in immersion) vacoul and cytoplasmes and chromosomes and stuff

What i really need is a pic about that

google has an image search, its quite famous...
Quote by minibrowny
google has an image search, its quite famous...

Yeah, but if you serch it all it is is pics of a them and the stuff inside them... well thats what i need but i need names and really really zoomed on it

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by philipisabeast
Does anybody know if you can just burn pure Calcium in Oxygen to form Calcium Oxide, or does it have to be Calcium Carbonate?

I think something happens with Ca + H2O + heat -> CaO + H2
Quote by guitarmannn
antibodies

That's white blood cells foo'!
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
awww you guys are so nice helping this kid out
my gear:

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Line 6 spider 2: 212 combo 120 watt =\
Line 6 guitar port
EVH frankenstein painted Explorer
Quote by philipisabeast

neither, the dull layer that forms on the outside of pure calcium is calcium oxide.

calcium without the coating of calcium oxide is shiny
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
anyone...?

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
ehm
well I know what they do but only in dutch so i'm not really any help
Quote by Snuffles
anyone...?

There were just 5 posts of useful information. Not only do you phail at google, you phail at getting the pit's help.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by Slaytanic6606
There were just 5 posts of useful information. Not only do you phail at google, you phail at getting the pit's help.

if they where what i was looking for woul i keep asking?

im looking for mitochandre and ribosomes or wtv

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
if they where what i was looking for woul i keep asking?

im looking for mitochandre and ribosomes or wtv

what are you doing a project about?

ribosomes work at putting together proteins from DNA (with a few steps in between)
mitochondria have a metabolic role in cells (making ATP for energy and a couple of other things), they also have their own DNA and ribosomes
Quote by seljer
what are you doing a project about?

ribosomes work at putting together proteins from DNA (with a few steps in between)
mitochondria have a metabolic role in cells (making ATP for energy and a couple of other things), they also have their own DNA and ribosomes

In the science book at schol it said that all cells are composed of the same inner parts but more or less of them then the teacher said that blood cells have the same part as a animal cell but a different shape and more or less of the parts

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
In the science book at schol it said that all cells are composed of the same inner parts but more or less of them then the teacher said that blood cells have the same part as a animal cell but a different shape and more or less of the parts

from the wikipedia article linked on the first page

Erythrocytes (aka red blood cells) in mammals are anucleate when mature, meaning that they lack a cell nucleus and thus have no DNA. In comparison, the erythrocytes of nearly all other vertebrates have nuclei; the only known exception being salamanders of the Batrachoseps genus.[3] Mammalian erythrocytes also lose their other organelles including their mitochondria and produce energy by fermentation, via glycolysis of glucose followed by lactic acid production. Furthermore, red cells do not have an insulin receptor and thus glucose uptake is not regulated by insulin. As a result of the lack of nucleus and organelles, the cells cannot produce new structural or repair proteins or enzymes and their lifespan is limited.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythropoiesis
Last edited by seljer at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by seljer
from the wikipedia article linked on the first page

Erythrocytes (aka red blood cells) in mammals are anucleate when mature, meaning that they lack a cell nucleus and thus have no DNA. In comparison, the erythrocytes of nearly all other vertebrates have nuclei; the only known exception being salamanders of the Batrachoseps genus.[3] Mammalian erythrocytes also lose their other organelles including their mitochondria and produce energy by fermentation, via glycolysis of glucose followed by lactic acid production. Furthermore, red cells do not have an insulin receptor and thus glucose uptake is not regulated by insulin. As a result of the lack of nucleus and organelles, the cells cannot produce new structural or repair proteins or enzymes and their lifespan is limited.

^listen to him

Red blood cells contain the protein Haemoglobin which, on contact with Oxygen for the blood forms oxy-haemoglobin. The oxygen is bound to this protein until it is needed by another part of the body, where it unbinds with the haemoglobin and is used.

The cytoplasm you mentioned is basically the "chemical soup" inside a cell where the nutrients (water, glucose, ATP, proteins etc) are for the cell to use.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
this is what i mean the attachment but i need to know which parts are in a red blood cell

like where the circles and squiggly path way and the dots go
Attachments:
nucleus.jpg

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
this is what i mean the attachment but i need to know which parts are in a red blood cell

like where the circles and squiggly path way and the dots go

read that paragraph again

they're not reproducing, they're not making proteins, they're even getting their energy from elsewhere

to what I make out of that, they don't have any of the organelles
Quote by seljer
read that paragraph again

they're not reproducing, they're not making proteins, they're even getting their energy from elsewhere

to what I make out of that, they don't have any of the organelles

My teachers a real idiot then, but if i do what you said (even if its right) shell be pissed... rofl

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
also i have to make a modle of a vain and run blood cells through it and also a written part and i gotta show the insides of a blood cell

Quote by imdeth

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Inside a red blood ells is something called haemoglobin. It is a chemical compound that reacts with oxygen to create oxyhaemoglobim

How appropriate is your sig.

Red blood cells carry oxygen around the body in stuff called haemoglobin. Theres no nucleus, just haemoglobin.

Edit: Damn, beaten. I really shouldn't have left this on reply for like 20 min.
Quote by cakemonster91
Don't worry, that **** is easy. Just wait til you have to learn about osmosis......

According to Final Fantasy that's when you steal your enemy's MP, right?