i have an american deluxe strat (v-neck) which i love. but it cannot do everything i want to do musically. so i want to get a good hard rock guitar. not metal.
more along the lines of EVH, GNR etc.
obvisously the strat would be for the blues-classic type rock and the new guitar would be for the heavier stuff
REMEMBER I DO NOT LIKE METAL AND I HATE THIN ANEMIC NECKS
so i am guessing this eliminates ibanez but hey im open to anything

so im looking for:
-nice big neck (not huge but something siilar to the v-neck on my strat would be awesome)
-similar playibiliy to my strat but so i probably want 25.5 inch scale
-good for the types of sounds described
-FOR BRIDGES IT MUST BE AN OFR
THANKS
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
look gibson

id go ES or SG
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
you should probably check out some jackson's or eps's.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
thats right i really want a floyd but only if its a ping, schaller, or official
NO LICENSED
also i have been looking at the www.musicyo.com kramer 1984 or 1985
i also have been looking at www.meanstreetguitars.com
they seem to have some good stuff
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Epiphone Black Beauty?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPILPC3G

EDIT - Whoops, I just saw your requirements. It may fit it but I'm too lazy to check. :P
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Last edited by TheReFiller at Oct 14, 2007,
Holy ****, some people cant read.

I dont know much out there that fits your description, you'd think there would be one out there. You may need to go custom.

I dont know what your price range is, but a loy of people will suggest a custom Carvin.
what kind of budget are you talking?

but yeah, esp, jackson, kramer would probably be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ljk825
Holy ****, some people cant read.

I dont know much out there that fits your description, you'd think there would be one out there. You may need to go custom.

I dont know what your price range is, but a loy of people will suggest a custom Carvin.

your right
and i forgot about carvin
i will definitly look into them
thanks

NOTE:
i am not particular about body wood
but i do want a good floyd and i nice chunky neck
Quote by beeboshain
Quote by Dave_Mc
what kind of budget are you talking?

but yeah, esp, jackson, kramer would probably be worth a look.

im not going to say unlimited budget but if there is something that looks awesome ill save up for it
Quote by beeboshain
i hear good things about GMW's for super-strats, but i haven't tried them. might also be worth looking into...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From the sounds of it, what you want is a super-Strat of some kind (there are to many options for these to name them all), and a Gibson Les Paul with a '59 neck... well, no such thing exists as one guitar. You could of course get two, but that'd cost you a lot.

Of the options, I'd suggest something like a Kramer super-Strat style guitar. Something like the FR-424CM or the Jersey Star, or a FT202S if you're strapped for cash.
Specifically, I have a Jersey Star myself and I find it can do absolutely everything, and is quite simply perfect. But I'm a biased Bon Jovi fan, so hey, of course I'm going to love the JS.
Schecter C-1 Classic sounds good for what you want
here is a link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072

Though, a budget would be good, so everyone would know roughly how much you want to pay and that way you're not getting suggestions that are way to expensive...

Edit- Whoops, didn't notice you said unlimited budget, and that you wanted an fr..
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!