It's a good promotion tactic. It shows if the material is good, then you have enough stuff not just for an EP
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
yeah i aggree
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The real question should be " Should I wait for a label to steal all of my money and copyrights before I make an album? "
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
Of course. It's good for promotion too. Making a CD/Album can be great gifts for friends and family and the sense of accomplishment after creating one is amazing.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
go for it. you dont need a lable to make one.
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Yeah, if you can, do it. It's rewarding, there's really no downside to it.
My iPod could do that in like 5 seconds.
if you do it in a professinal studio it is VERY expensive
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Only record 4-7 songs professionally, to save money.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
ya its worth it. it can be hard to pay off (learned that from my guitar teacher) but its worth it.

Jack my swag
Quote by frusciante_50
yes. then you can send it around, and a label can see if you could write a good album without filler

exactly. you can also use it as a way to gauge how your band sounds on record.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
It's a great idea. Don't waste your money on a pro studio though. Invest in some decent recording gear and do it yourself.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Wayward_Son
It's a great idea. Don't waste your money on a pro studio though. Invest in some decent recording gear and do it yourself.

even though it would save lots of money, if your planning on selling them, go to a studio. unless you know what your doing. in that case yeah. but i know NOTHING about that so i would just go to a studio
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Quote by mybandsuks_15
even though it would save lots of money, if your planning on selling them, go to a studio. unless you know what your doing. in that case yeah. but i know NOTHING about that so i would just go to a studio

Honestly it's not that difficult to learn how to operate Cubase/Logic/Protools if you are fairly proficient on computers and have a good book and a good ear....But you do have to have the drive to actually learn what you are doing.

It's also a good idea to check around for community colleges in your area and see if they have audio production programs. Alot of community colleges have this now and generally have a decent selection of professional equipment for students to use. Students in the program are required to do alot of lab time and studio projects, and generally need to go out of their way to find bands to record. Poke around and you should be able to find someone who will record your band for free.

Good luck, and if you live around houston I can prolly hook you up with someone at HCC
yeah recording urself is simple as, and really only one of ur band, or a friend need toknow how to work a pc, but who doesnt these days?

we recorded a demo ourselves with just the equipment we had already, we didnt buy any extra recording stuff, just pluged our gtars into the line in on pc and went for it. plus our drummer has an electric drum kit which is kick ass. u dont need expensive software either, just use audacity or download an illegal version on sony forge 8. our demo sounded awesome and professional and didnt cost us 1 cent.

but yeah if u have the raw material to make an album, u should do it. but keeping in mind just becuase u have 13 songs doesnt mean u should make a full album. you may only have 4 or 5 songs of those that u actually think are quality, so u are better off making an EP. but if u have 13 quality songs then definetly do it. and dont spend a heap of money to do becos u think u need to. it can be done cheap as.
Labels prefer shorter demos, so don't send it around to labels. If you would be able to release it yourself and record it with good studio quality, go for it. But if you're still looking for a label to be signed to, you'd be better off recording an EP or a shorter demo.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY